Project Field Assistant (Gender)
The Project Field Assistant will be responsible for developing and assisting in the implementation of gender interventions for the project.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Develops an action plan that is responsive to the project needs and shares with Team Leader for approval
• Provides gender expertise to the Consortia Staff in the process of designing project tools and strategies, that address gender equality gaps
• Identifies innovations and technologies that break through gender barriers that currently affect men, women, boys and girls.
• Builds capacity of staff, partners, and project beneficiaries in gender equity.
• Conducts training and other capacity development means on sector-specific gender issues
• Develops and implements a gender plan from the Gender strategy for the project
• Participates in ECRIMS gender analysis and identifies gender-based constraints and recommends adjustments that address these constraints
• Identifies training needs and conducts training on gender for project staff, partners and stakeholders
• Provides ongoing technical support on gender to project staff, partners, and stakeholders to ECRIMS adequate capacity development.
• Organizes and conducts sensitization sessions on equitable participation and leadership in community management committees and leadership teams
• Maintains contacts with key partners and stakeholders in the gender sector including Ministry responsible for gender.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
• Diploma/Degree in Gender Studies/Development studies/Social studies or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in gender programming and women empowerment
• Good public relations, team player and able to work under strenuous conditions.
• Valid class 3 motorbike riding license is an added advantage
• Good interpersonal and communication skills.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
CARE Zimbabwe - is looking for Project Field Assistant (VS&L and Marketing)Harare,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
CARE Zimbabwe - is looking for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning InternsZvishavane, Mberengwa, Zimbabwe 7 Dec, 2018