Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263714875459
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Community Technology Development Organisation
Reporting to: Project Manager/Project Consortia Team Leader
Location: Based in Mutoko (coordinating Mutoko and Mudzi operations)
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for initiating and implementing comprehensive sustainable Community/District Resilience Plans within the ZRBF project framework. These Plans will be need driven and capable of improving household food security and sovereignty status of communities whilst reducing famine and alleviating poverty. The Coordinator will be responsible for developing realistic work-plans, backstopping project implementation and ensuring that reporting requirements are executed as per the agreed targets-stakeholder and donor’s expectations. The Coordinator will seek to establish, operationalize and coordinate of all project activities and components, that enhance community resilience, address food security, crop/livestock improvement, capacity building, appropriate technology development, testing, adoption, dissemination and scaling up. This will be achieved through the creation of a platform where resilience is prioritized. S/he will assist in ensuring that interventions set, will result in women and men, including the youth earning more income, and also making sure that community fabric and safety nets are improved as a result of effective ISALs. The Project Coordinator will supervise a team of field officers, coordinate the production of field based reports, project based publications, photo documentation and facilitate efficient information flow.
- Assist Project Team Leader in developing and implementing project strategies, objectives and goals as per the ZRBF proposal;
- Capacitating local authorities to better plan and coordinate the implementation of multi-stakeholder district and ward resilience plans (resilience planning combines disaster risk reduction plans and strategic development plans);
- Support communities to diversify food production and income earning opportunities through a basket of options which will include, supporting women and men farmers to access improved farming inputs;
- Support the establishment of appropriate climate smart demonstrations sites, enhancing community adoption;
- Promote inclusiveness among all stakeholders in line with the Resilience Building Agenda;
- Work with impacted communities, Local Authorities, communities and other relevant stakeholders to incorporate mitigation, and resilience building measures into recovery plans and implementation;
- Establish effective coordination mechanisms across Government agencies, international community and civil society for risk reduction work at the provincial and district levels;
- Monitor and introduce a culture of building requisite features of disaster mitigation and prevention in all development plans and programmes. This could include the formulation of sector specific working groups within key line departments focusing on developing strategies for prevention and mitigation;
- Provide regular reports to the programme manager regarding progress on project activities;
- Responsible for facilitating planning meetings with stakeholders and beneficiaries and sharing project information with relevant local authorities;
- Conduct regular monitoring of project implementation and report on challenges for timely action;
- Further the development and implementation of coherent sustainable agriculture best practices, effective management of the local means of production;
- Perform any other duty as may be required by the Team leader, CTDO manager or his designate.
Desired qualifications and experience
- Degree in Agriculture, Animal Science, Environmental Science or a related discipline;
- A certificate in project management would be an added advantage;
- 3 years extension management experience in a rural community setting, coordinating stakeholder engagement and liaison;
- Experience in donor liaison at field level;
- Self-motivated, innovative, entrepreneurial and prepared to work in rural Zimbabwe;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Clean class 4 driver’s license.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Community Technology Development Organisation - is looking for Field OfficerZimbabwe 9 Jan, 2019
Community Technology Development Organisation - is looking for 5 (Five) x Field OfficersZimbabwe 10 Jan, 2019
Community Technology Development Organisation - is looking for Field Operations CoordinatorHarare. Zimbabwe 10 Jan, 2019