In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
A local NGO is seeking the services of a highly motivated and experienced Project Coordinator. The ideal candidate is an experienced Social Worker, Development Practitioner or Social Scientist who understands the local and regional disability human rights context and is eager to make an impact on the human rights of persons with disabilities. The successful candidate will support a local partner in Zimbabwe and Zambia to mainstream disability in their human rights work within the ambit of UNCRPD implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the primary responsibility of the candidate is to coordinate the overall implementation of a human (disability) rights project including planning, management support and monitoring of the project in both Zimbabwe and Zambia.
- Provide disability technical support to the local implementing partner-field staff in the course of executing district level activities.
- This entails supporting the design of appropriate disability mainstreaming strategies in human rights project activities;
- Coordinating the compilation, uploading and dispatch of donor reports within agreed time frames;
- Organizes coordination meetings between the project implementing partners and other national and high-level project activities especially those on policy and capacity building of stakeholders.
- Keep an eye on and design appropriate responses to critical human (disability) rights developments in Zimbabwe and Zambia and;
- Attend to any other duties’ related to the attainment of project goals.
Required Qualifications and Competencies
The candidate should have a strong record of handling and delivering effectively human (disability) rights projects with strong experience of working with a range of stakeholders from the human rights community, partners and community-based groups.
Preferably the candidate should have:
- At least a Masters’ Degree in Development Studies, Social Work or other relevant social studies with strong M & E component;
- Possess at least 8 years of work experience in human rights work preferably in a management role.
- Experience in working on EU funded projects a must and added advantage;
- Proven strong and sound track record in project planning, monitoring, evaluation and report writing;
- Proven track record in managing consortium led projects and working directly with funding organisations;
- Be a team player and passionate about the human rights of persons with disabilities with thorough knowledge of the UNCRPD and regional disability rights frameworks;
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team under minimum supervision and to perform multi-tasks.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
A local NGO - is looking for Technical DirectorHarare, Zimbabwe 11 Dec, 2018
A local NGO - is looking for Social Worker InternHarare, Zimbabwe 12 Dec, 2018
A Local NGO - is looking for Agribusiness and Marketing FacilitatorHarare, Zimbabwe 19 Dec, 2018