Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263714875459
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Purpose of the Position:
To contribute to the reduction of disaster risk on lives and livelihoods of flood prone populations through comprehensive preparedness and mitigation efforts in Chimanimani and Chipinge
Major Accountabilities/ Responsibilities:
- Direct and oversee the ECHO with a Consortium program within given budgets and project deadlines, ensuring that all program goals are met through proper planning, staffing, and implementation.
- Manage and Coordinate Disaster Management (DM) activities as per plans in Chipinge & Chimanimai Districts at school level
- Co-ordinate with other Relief, Development Agencies, Local Authorities and Government stakeholder and other alike stakeholders in the two districts in ensuring that all Disaster Management (DM) efforts are targeted and successfully implemented in the appropriate targeted population.
- To co-ordinate and foster relations with other World Vision Zimbabwe Programs in the region as to ensure proper allocation and sharing of resources.
- Assist staff and relevant stakeholders to plan, implement, and monitor and evaluate approved activities as per the ECHO (European Commission of Humanitarian Aid) –HIP (Humanitarian Implementation Plan) DMRR (Disaster Management Risk Reduction) program design.
- Ensure programme compliance to Core Humanitarian Standards (CHS).
- Ensure that all Non Food Items ( NFIs) earmarked to target populations are properly handled, stored, transported, distributed, tracked, fully accounted for and reported on according to World Vision standard procedures and Donor policy.
- Visit target communities on regular basis to build relationships and foster active community participation, get their perceptions and experience so as to assist in planning and development relevant community-oriented and sustainable programs.
- Facilitate the identification designing and implementing of appropriate training needs on Disaster Management & Risk Reduction / Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs for districts staff and local communities.
- Ensure compliance to Donor and World Vision requirements /guidelines.
- Ensure that financial audit on the ECHO-HIP is audited at least once per year.
- Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
- Assess, manage, and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
- Attend daily devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or any relevant. A Masters in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years hand – on experience in Project Management (planning, leading, co-ordination, controlling and organizing) of which 3 years should be at managerial level.
- Knowledge of Disaster Management and Disaster Risk Reduction are key requirements.
- A full understanding of the national Disaster Management structures is mandatory.
- Training and workshop organizational skills on DMRR matters.
- Strong reporting skills.
- Stays open to internal and external feedback
- Finds fulfilment in work through creativity, intelligent risk taking, initiative, and innovation, and encourages the same in colleagues.
- Ability to supervise and mentor subordinates.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and under severe pressure.
- In-depth knowledge of community projects.
- Computer literate
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
World Vision International - is looking for Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation Field Facilitator x 222 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for Advocacy, Communications and Public Engagement ManagerZimbabwe 9 Jul, 2019