Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263714875459
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Programme Support Officer Monitoring and Evaluation
Starting Salary: US$20,625 – US$23,205 p.a.
Contract: 18 Months Contract
The post contributes to CAFOD’s aim to ensure and demonstrate effective delivery and impact of our core international work. The post will directly support emergency response initiatives, programme development, monitoring and communication as well as managing partner relationships and effective working relationships across her/his team and cross-organizationally. May require travel for approximately 12 weeks per year. Complement partners’ understanding on monitoring and evaluation, including review and analysis of M&E data from partners (database management and report production), development of M&E frameworks and tools, support the delivery of baselines, assessments, reports and evaluations, and support communications including the development of case studies.
Provide Support to the delivery of the Zimbabwean Office Monitoring and Evaluation for Cyclone Idai programmes and Partner Support – 40%:
- Support development, implementation, monitoring and review of CAFOD’s country strategies for Zimbabwe and the related programmes and projects
- Appraise partner project proposals, and support preparation of funding applications
- Support programme teams to ensure compliance with CAFOD’s requirements (especially with regard to Partner Organizational Profiles (POPs), Financial Health Checks, PCRs, Safeguarding Children and Accountability standards);
- Lead on reviewing partner M&E reports alongside programme team members and ensure that CAFOD and donor requirements are being met.
- Review CAFOD records to ensure partner M&E reporting is up to date and properly maintained, uploaded in WebPromise on timely manner.
- Review reports, M&E reports from partners to ensure all progress, compliance and are relevant and relate to the project being supported, properly supported and upon clearance and satisfaction make recommendations to the Implementation Managers for further disbursement of funds to the partner.
- Lead an ongoing process to appraise partner organisation’s Monitoring & Evaluation systems in line with CAFOD partner assessment policy ensuring key policy manuals are in place. This will include field visits, desk reviews and other methods as appropriate. Ensure recommendations well documented are implemented in agreement with the partner.
- Provide support to the programmes & monitoring and evaluation departments of partner organisations to enable them produce and submit accurate capitalisation, M&E and assessment reports. Support will include design of M&E and reporting systems, design of standard spreadsheets, training and on-going guidance.
- Participate in programme team meetings to ensure a full understanding of all programme work and any M&E implications arising.
- Ensure regular and timely partner capacity building assessment is conducted and a report produced to be shared with key programme and management team.
- Participate in delivering training to partners on compliance with donors’ requirements as well as grant start-up workshops.
- In the event of a major issue in relation to M&E Systems at partner level, especially in the management of donor funds, the PSO M&E may be required to be deployed to a partner organisation to ensure that programme management and reporting are carried out in accordance with CAFOD and donor requirements.
Support the maintenance of effective relationships with partners and key stakeholders – 15%
- Contribute to developing, nurturing and managing relationships with partner organizations,
- Support the investment in partners’ capacities, by contributing to the identification of needs, development of plans to strengthen capacities, identification of sources of support, etc.
Contribute to the financial management and accountability of programmes and projects – 15%:
- Prepare and monitor budgets relating to both CAFOD and partner-led expenditure, and provide support in ensuring programmes are delivered within agreed budgets;
- Support key processes such as procurement or internal/external evaluations and assessments
- Ensure production of management report –keep the programme team and the Implementing Manager advised of all situations which have the potential for a negative impact on internal controls or financial management for further presentation of the same at SMT and for close monitoring of project implementation and progress by all stakeholders.
- Work closely with the programme and funding team to development the accounting framework for all new funding and ensure costs are accurately captured in partner projects in WebPromise.
- Awareness with CAFOD Complaints Handling Procedures, ensure compliance and bring all matters arising to the attention of Programme Officer.
- Carryout routine or quarterly programme reviews and provide feedback on areas of concern for immediate action.
Support the effective representation of the country/sub-regional programme and/or specific programmes and projects – 15%
- Liaise and communicate with other Departments and Sections to respond to M&E needs
- Support efforts to nurture and sustain relationships and effective communications with relevant stakeholders, including networks, local government, and other agencies;
- Occasionally attend external meetings or events, and identify and follow-up actions from these.
Maximize the use of programme information and knowledge – 15%
- Use CAFOD’s programme management information systems to effectively produce information that supports decision making at both programme and organizational level;
- Keep up-to-date with development issues, trends and political developments;
- Contribute to the production and/or dissemination of stories/case studies
- Complement partners’ understanding on monitoring and evaluation, contributing to the development of relevant interventions that bring about positive change; including review and analysis of M&E data from partners (database management and report production), development of M&E frameworks and tools, support the delivery of baselines, assessments, reports and evaluations, and support communications including the development of case studies etc. Strengthen capacity of CAFOD staff to use M&E frameworks and tools with partners.
You may be required to carry out other reasonable duties and responsibilities from time to time in agreement with your line manager
Safeguarding for Children and Vulnerable Adults
CAFOD recognises the personal dignity and rights of children and vulnerable adults, towards whom it has a special responsibility and a duty of care and respect. CAFOD, and all its staff and volunteers, undertake to do all in our power to create a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults and to prevent their physical, sexual or emotional abuse. CAFOD is committed to acting at all times in the best interests of children and vulnerable adults, seeing these interests as paramount. Any candidate offered a job with CAFOD will be expected to adhere to CAFOD’s Safeguarding policy and sign CAFOD’s Code of Behaviour as an appendix to their contract of employment and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these documents. This post involves responsibility for people who will have contact with children, young people and vulnerable adults and applicants will be subject to specific checks related to safeguarding issues. The post holder will be subject to a different checking process.
Understanding our context
- Understanding Catholic identity: Actively supports CAFOD’s vision, mission and values and what we aim to achieve
- Understanding CAFOD: Demonstrates high standards of integrity, transparency and accountability in line with CAFOD value of stewardship;
- Understanding international development: Commitment to humanitarian standards; Understands the complex challenges in the work that we do
- Managing ourselves: Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude. The capacity to work on own initiative as well as co-operatively as a member of a team.
- Working with others: Ability to effectively build relationships, influence and liaise with key stakeholders ;
- Looking outwards
Making change happen
- Managing resources: advocates careful allocation, use and optimisation of resources to achieve the required results.
- Achieving results: Ability to work autonomously and make decisions. Able to improve process and ways of working to achieve results;
- Managing our performance Demonstrates strong planning, problem solving and organisational skills;
- Taking the lead
- Experience monitoring and evaluating emergency programmes
- A University Degree preferably in Statistics, demographics, international development, economics, or related field. A Bachelor plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics is an advantage
- Ability to develop and/or adapt M&E tools for practical use; Able to input, analyse and interpret M&E data; familiarity with programmes such as SPSS.
- Experience using programme cycle management tools
- Budget development and monitoring skills
- Able and committed to working with and developing the capacity of local partners organisations/ national NGOs
- Ability and willingness to travel for approximately 12 weeks a year
- Able to write good quality reports and case studies; excellent written and spoken English
- Must have the right to work in Zimbabwe
- Clean driving licence;
- Experience of international development and programme management and quality standards.
- Knowledge of local languages
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
CAFOD Zimbabwe - is looking for Program Support Officer Monitoring and EvaluationZimbabwe 27 May, 2019