Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
£34,263 (plus a benefits package that includes per diem and accommodation.)
Purpose of the role
- To provide technical advisory support to local National Societies and other RCRC Movement partners in Southern Africa to facilitate quality cash transfer programming to deliver on BRC’s regional strategy.
- To ensure effective, efficient and appropriate use of BRC resources in supporting National Societies in Southern Africa to strengthen organisational capacity in relation to cash transfer programming, to respond to emergencies and build resilience in vulnerable communities
Programme & financial management
1. Ensure all BRC’s supported programmes in assigned countries are aligned to the International Management Methodology and adhere to the BRC’s Programme Cycle Methodology.
2. Manage and monitor the BRC budget for assigned programmes, ensuring all programmes demonstrate value for money and cost effectiveness.
3. Work closely with the National Societies to develop and manage all programmatic support, ensuring that all reporting, monitoring and evaluation is of a high standard and ensures full accountability to donors and beneficiaries.
4. Ensure the establishment and integration of effective monitoring, evaluation and learning within the assigned countries to support the development of approaches to planning, innovation and delivery.
5. Ensure the BRC’s financial management systems, policies, procedures and systems meet required standards.
6. Ensure that any risks to BRC programmes and activities are appropriately managed.
Technical & advisory support (desirable)
7. Provide technical advisory input to BRC-supported cash transfer and social protection programmes, including contributing to assessment, planning, implementation of action plans, and analysing evidence to demonstrate and improve the effectiveness of BRC’s work.
8. Support and provide technical advice to partner National Societies to institutionalise cash-based assistance through all BRC programmes and functions, including cash preparedness and development of national society institutional capacity.
9. Support the Country Cluster Manager to deliver BRC’s support for disaster and crisis response activities in the assigned countries.
Internal and External Relations
10. Ensure good working relationships with relevant country offices of Movement members and develop/maintain operational alliances with other partner National Societies to ensure wellcoordinated, coherent and efficient ways of working with designated countries.
11. Develop and manage relationships with business partners within the BRC UK office ensuring appropriate support for initiatives from Fundraising, Communication, IT, International HR and International Finance in collaboration with the Country Cluster Manager.
12. Support BRC’s internal and external engagement, influencing and resource mobilisation relating to disaster management through representation at fora, production of written briefings and reports, proposal development and support to senior colleagues.
13. Ensure that BRC’s resources are used effectively and accountably to provide maximum impact on the lives of vulnerable people in the assigned countries.
14. Maintain a high level of accountability to donors in all BRC supported activities in the assigned countries.
15. Line-manage (solid line relationship) allocated staff team (if required).
16. Matrix manage (dotted line relationship), technical or other advisors, or surge delegates and teams, as required.
17. Uphold the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and work within the Society’s equal opportunities policy
> Higher level academic qualification (degree level or equivalent work experience) within a relevant field
> Robust working knowledge of the international humanitarian system
> Knowledge of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
> Understanding of vulnerability issues in key sectors (food security & livelihoods, cash transfer programming, social protection) in relation to Southern Africa region.
> Knowledge of programme cycle management in operation.
To access the latest job opportunities on WhatsApp, send the word JOBS to +263 73 538 8888 to enjoy this and other job posts.