In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Program Officer, HIV Testing Services
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc. (CHAI) is a global health organization committed to saving lives and reducing the burden of disease in low-and middle-income countries, while strengthening the capabilities of governments and the private sector in those countries to create and sustain high-quality health systems that can succeed without our assistance. For more information, please visit: http://www.clintonhealthaccess.org.
The Program Officer will support CHAI’s work with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC) and its partners to optimize HIV Testing Services (HTS) in Zimbabwe. The HTS optimization work focuses on increasing new diagnoses of people living with HIV and linking them to care, as well as linking HIV negative clients to appropriate HIV prevention services. At team level, achieving this requires robust and dynamic monitoring and evaluation tools across HTS models, ongoing analysis of HTS program data to inform decision making, resource mapping and mobilization, as well as extensive engagement with the MoHCC and its partners. The position may require extensive local travel.
We are seeking an experienced, detail orientated, highly motivated, and flexible individual to support CHAI Zimbabwe in its HTS optimization work. CHAI places great value on personal qualities including resourcefulness, responsibility, tenacity, independence, energy, and work ethic.
- Support the implementation of the HTS optimization program, which includes but is not limited to supporting the design and implementation of project activities;
- Provide support to MOHCC and partners in designing and conducting analysis related to HIV testing and linkage to treatment and prevention services;
- Collect and manage relevant national and sub-national data including drafting data collection tools, leading data collection, managing and analyzing data sets, synthesizing analyses from data to support decision making;
- Conduct operational assessments and gap analyses to inform program implementation design and decision making at national and sub-national levels;
- Participate in and support technical working group and other meetings related to optimization of HTS and linkage to treatment and prevention;
- Support monitoring of project progress including preparing periodic reports and/or presentations on areas of focus while closely maintaining deadlines;
- Maintain excellent working relationships with relevant national, provincial, district and facility staff;
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
- University degree with a focus on science, public health or development;
- 2+ years of professional experience in the public health sector in Zimbabwe at national or sub-national level;
- Proven ability to learn and adapt quickly to new program settings with minimal supervision, learning new administrative and project management systems;
- A record of setting and achieving ambitious targets with limited guidance and an ability to think creatively about major challenges in Zimbabwe’s health sector;
- Excellent analytical skills, including strong proficiency PowerPoint, Excel, and statistical packages, such as STATA and SPSS;
- Exceptional communication skills, including communicating effectively in spoken and written English, and the ability to initiate, build and maintain relationships with stakeholders from different backgrounds.
- Demonstrated high level of analytical proficiency using tools such as Excel;
- Experience in project design, implementation, and building and deploying Monitoring & Evaluation tools;
- Knowledge and/or experience in Zimbabwe’s public sector in general.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc - is looking for Manager, Health Financing and Health WorkforceHarare, Zimbabwe 27 Nov, 2018
The Clinton Health Access Initiative - is looking for Analyst, Laboratory SystemsHarare,Zimbabwe 12 Dec, 2018
Clinton Health Access Initiative - is looking for Senior Associate, HIV Testing ServicesHarare,Zimbabwe 13 Dec, 2018