Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on 0714991316
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
3 Norfolk Road, Mount Pleasant, Harare, Zimbabwe
Main purpose of job:
The UK’s relationship with Zimbabwe is growing and improving. This role is intended to be flexible, providing operational support to the Embassy’s political team while also allowing the job holder to develop a portfolio of political contact making and reporting.
The job holder will ensure that inward visits to the embassy from officials from the UK or by senior Embassy officials to areas outside Harare go smoothly.
They will support the wider work of the Political Section as necessary especially when the Embassy is delivering large public events.
They will have responsibility for a political portfolio, representing the Embassy at external events, developing contacts, and providing political reporting for senior readers. The content of the portfolio will be discussed with the job holder on appointment depending on their interests and prior experience, but could include local government and regional politics, wildlife and the environment and elements of Human Rights or opposition politics.
Roles and responsibilities:
- To lead on vists for the section, organising programmes, ensuring logistical support and accompanying senior officials. This will include visits for senior members of the team to other parts of the country and inward visits from officials from London. (20%).
- To support the work of the section as required. The role is envisaged to be flexible and will be required to help with the delivery of large events for the Embassy working with other members of the team. To ensure the Section’s management of information and contacts is accurate. (40%)
- To deliver high quality political reporting and analysis covering both immediate events and a discrete political portfolio (likely to change but may initially include opposition parties, politics outside Harare, wildlife and the environment) working closely with the Second Secretary (Political) and the Senior Political Officer. To cover Senior Political Officer absences as required. (40%).
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
The successful applicant should have a degree in politics or a related field or relevant work experience in politics/research and analysis for government, a diplomatic mission, think tank or similar institution.
The applicant must be able to speak and write clearly and concisely to a high standard. The job holder must be a confident and skilled networker with strong organisational skills.
This will be a high paced and exciting role, giving the applicant a good chance to develop a strong personal network and develop their analytical skills orally and in writing. The applicant will have the chance to work at the heart of one of the most high profile Diplomatic Missions in Zimbabwe.
Occasional Home or remote working will be possible. Time Off in Lieu will be granted for anti-social hours worked.
- Employees recruited locally by the British Embassy in Harare are subject to the Terms and Conditions of Service according to local employment law in Zimbabwe.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in the country of application with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- HM Treasury has issued an instruction to Government departments employing staff overseas, where they are not liable to local tax, that their salaries should be abated by an equivalent amount. The British Embassy currently has not implemented this policy, however, reserves the right to do so in future.
- Reference and security clearances checks will be conducted.
- Any questions you may have about this position will be answered during the interview, should you be invited.
- Information about the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Competency Framework can be found on this link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/civil-service-competency-framework
- Successful candidates not resident in Zimbabwe will be personally liable for costs and arrangements to relocate, including accommodation and work permits.
- Complete the application form in full as the information provided will be used for screening purposes.
- Check your application and attachments before you submit your application, as you will not be able to make any changes once submitted.
- The British Embassy will never ask you to pay a fee or money to apply for a position.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company