Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Permanent Secretary DEPARTMENT
Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development
Designation: Deputy Director, ICT and Website Unit
REPORTS TO: Permanent Secretary DEPARTMENT: ICT and Website Unit
DUTY STATION: Head Office
MINISTRY: Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing, and service provision. 2. Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upg rade, a nd support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, telephone, software applications and peripherals. 3. Provide expertise and supportd uring systems upgrades, installations, and conversions and file maintenance. 4. Monitorwebsite functionality/performance and perform software updates or update content when necessary. 5. Oversee systems development, enhancement, and the integration of new systems with existing systems. 6. Communicate regularly with executive management and all users of information services and systems. 7. Develop the IT staff to meet the changing needs of users, groups and offices, new projects and technologies and varying staff strengths. 8. Develop standard operating procedures and best practices, including providing written protocols and guidance to IT staff and to end-users. 9. Create and maintain all written documentations, including system and user manuals, license agreements, and documentation of modification sand upgrades. 10. Oversee provision of end-users, including help deskand technical support services. 11. Keep current with the latest technologies and determine what new technology solutions and implementations will meet business and system requirements. 12. Manage servers, security solu tion s, network hardware and equipment. 13. Manage network infrastructure and development plans, projects, policies and procedures. 14. Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
• A Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
• A Masters degree in the above mentioned field (s) is an added advantage.
• Should have served at least 1 year in the Chief Database Administrator/Programmer/Systems Analyst/Information Technology Officer grade or at 7 years experience in a relevant field.
• Should be possessed with advanced Information Technology certifications.
• A team player.
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
• Should be able to work under pressure.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development - is looking for MANPOWER TRAINING AND TRADE TESTING OFFICERGweru 8 Jul, 2019