Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263714875459
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Nurse Clinician (ICCTT)
Population Services International Zimbabwe (PSI/Z) is a leading global health organization with programs targeting HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
To provide comprehensive and quality HIV counselling and testing integrated health services to clients with the aim of ensuring that all eligible clients are linked to care and treatment in order to promote healthy lives through continuum of care.
• Gives correct and precise HIV/AIDS information during individual, couple or group counselling sessions.
• Ensures client fully understands the testing procedures, issuing of results and meaning of results.
• Gathers client’s medical and life history.
• Assists client to come up with a risk assessment and reduction plan
• Offers HIV Testing Services including HIV Rapid testing and interprets results
• Conducts HIV index case contact tracing and testing.
• Offers an integrated community or site health service package
• Referrals to OI/ART services, FP, HIV prevention services such PrEP, VMMC and any other relevant services.
• Collects client personal data to enable tracking
• Completes all specific referral tracking purposes
• Liaises with other stakeholders in referral centres for effective tracking
• Ensures completeness of all relevant registers and data collection tools.
• Contributes to positive client perception of PSI’s testing and counselling services.
• Assesses possible areas that the outreach can be carried out.
• Participates in identifying outreach sites with high likelihood of HIV positive case finding.
• Community Mobilisation for programmes (i.e. DACS, Clinics, Chiefs, Headmen etc.)
• Ensures regular and correct waste disposal as per National and International Standards both on outreach and site
• Monitors and records outreach equipment (i.e. SOPs, chairs, tables etc.)
• Participates in planning and conducting mobilisation of clients for HIV testing services
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree or HND in Nursing
• Registration with the Nurses’ Council of Zimbabwe.
• Certificate in Rapid HIV Testing.
• At least 3 years of work experience, with demonstrated experience in conducting HIV Index case contact tracing and testing a distinct advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• A valid Class 4 licence and/or Class 3 licence an advantage.
• Candidates should be prepared to start asap
In return, PSI/Z offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression,race, religion, national origin or disability.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Population Services International Zimbabwe - is looking for ReceptionistZimbabwe 16 May, 2019
Population Services International Zimbabwe - is looking for Payroll OfficerZimbabwe 16 May, 2019
Population Services International Zimbabwe - is looking for PROGRAM ASSISTANTZimbabwe 17 May, 2019