Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability Officer
Deadline: 5 July 2019
Reporting to: Humanitarian Coordinator
A short-term vacancy has arisen within DanChurchAid for Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability Officerfor a Mobile Cash Transfer Project in Epworth (x 1 position).
Purpose of the Position
The role of the Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Accountability (MELA) Officer will be to provide support, advice, and oversight on programme level monitoring, evaluation, learning and Accountability to the Mobile Cash Transfer Project in Epworth. The MELA Officer will work closely with the project implementation team to strengthen the monitoring, evaluation and learning framework for the Mobile Cash Transfer Project. The incumbent must track project results on a regular basis and the process must inform reflection and learning processes which will guide future programming.
- Coordinate with project staff to develop tools and methods to improve data collection
- Conduct and oversee data collection efforts, including tracking specific baseline study indicators, paying particular attention on risky populations in the project area,
- Supervise data collection by Enumerators on a bi-weekly basis
- Working closely with the implementation team, coordinate the design the implementation of an accountability system for the project
- Design and strengthen effective beneficiary feedback and complaint mechanisms,
- Participate and contribute to project learning by documenting and sharing best practices, Most Significant Stories; among others
- Prepare monthly monitoring reports and synthesize data to contribute to the end of the phase research report,
- Perform any other duties as directed by MEL Manager and Senior management.
Knowledge and Skills
- Degree in international development, Social Sciences, Economics, Gender studies or a related field required,
- At least five years of experience in monitoring and evaluation, project implementation, social science research or other relevant fields,
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods, including surveys and focus groups,
- A clear understanding of Core Humanitarian Standards, a must,
- Strong analytical and data visualization skills -knowledge of ODK, Magpi, KoBo Collect, SPSS, NViVO, CSPro
- Experience working with donor-funded projects
- Ability to work in a challenging environment and deliver the desired results
- Self-starter and ability to work with minimum supervision