Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer:
Deadline: 31 May 2019
Who We Are
GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. We began humanitarian and developmental work in Zimbabwe from 2002 have gradually evolving from emergency response to long-term development. Currently our focus is on Livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH.
Career Opportunities with GOAL
GOAL is an equal opportunities employer to all individuals seeking possible employment with the organisation. We are looking for suitably qualified, highly competent and motivated individuals to be part of the GOAL Zimbabwe team for the Zimbabwe Country Program on a fixed term duration. Interested employment seekers are invited to apply for the vacant positions.
General Description of the Role
Reporting directly to the Project Manager and technically to the MEAL Coordinator, the MEAL Officer be will responsible for the effective management of M & E as well as assist in project design and tracking the implementation for the achievement of set targets.
Summary of Key Duties
- Responsible for the implementation of the project’s monitoring and evaluation systems;
- Develop appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools for data collection;
- Develop and manage databases for programme participants;
- Conduct training of project staff and stakeholders on data collection methodology and M&E systems;
- Disseminate monitoring and evaluation findings internally and externally through meetings and workshops;
- Contribute to the GOAL M & E component in proposal writing through the development of the logical frameworks and indicators;
- Establish appropriate community-based monitoring and evaluation systems including complaints/feedback handling mechanisms;
- Mainstream cross cutting issues of gender, HIV/AIDS, Child Protection and Environment in monitoring and evaluation.
Person Specifications (Attributes and Qualifications)
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies or the equivalent;
- Post-graduation qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation a prerequisite;
- At least 3 years’ experience in implementing surveys and other research activities within an NGO environment;
- Experience on WASH related M and E desirable;
- Demonstrated experience in applying quantitative and qualitative / participatory research methods including skills in digital data gathering techniques;
- Evidence of maturity and experience in working on rural community development programs;
- Experience in mainstreaming activities such as Gender, HIV/AIDS & Child Protection;
- Effective presentation and facilitation skills with proven record in provision and facilitation of trainings;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to dialogue, and network;
- Proficiency in using standard computer programs like MS office and data entry/statistical packages, such as MS Access, SPSS, Minitab, Epi Info.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company