In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
University of Zimbabwe College of Health Sciences – Clinical Trials Research Centre (UZCHS-CTRC)
University of Zimbabwe College of Health Sciences – Clinical Trials Research Centre (UZCHS-CTRC) on behalf of I-TECH (International Training and Education Center for Health) is seeking suitably trained and qualified applicants to fill the position of Monitoring & Evaluation Manager. I-TECH’s activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; prevention, care and treatment of infectious diseases. I-TECH is funded by PEPFAR through Center for Disease Control to implement HIV & TB treatment and care services in five Zimbabwean provinces in support of the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MoHCC). The contract is renewable annually subject to availability of funding and satisfactory performance.
The M & E Manager will be reporting to the Senior Program Manager – Strategic Information & Evaluation and will be responsible for the overall design and execution of the M&E infrastructure at I-TECH Zimbabwe, including identifying and meeting M&E performance standards as well as data security, integrity and privacy requirements. He/She will be responsible for the supervision of Senior Strategic Information Coordinators, the Data Analyst, Provincial & District SIE staff and will have oversight on all data collected, processed, stored, published and will be part of the core data governance team. The M&E Manager will be the lead in executing elements of the data governance strategy, both directly and through the management of the M&E team and will work in collaboration with other I-TECH Zimbabwe program teams.
- Providing technical leadership and project management in implementing I-TECH SOW, work plan and M&E framework on the I-TECH project;
- Fostering a “big-picture” mind set and holistic understanding of the program within the entire project team by collaborating closely with consortium partners to assist in implementing the HIV care and treatment program according to project timelines, plans and objectives;
- Providing oversight on the design, development and maintenance of a consortium-wide electronic information system and on statistical analysis and/or interpretation of results, data and information for programme and policy development;
- Participating in the design and management of study and M&E/ICT tools as need arises and in Technical Work Groups for the HIV care and treatment program, as well as national, provincial and district review meetings as required;
- Responding to information demand placed on consortium by CDC, MoHCC and I-TECH headquarters by effectively delegating and coordinating the collection, analysis and presentation of available information in a structured manner which ensures the maintenance of quality standards;
- Disseminating results of program interventions and analysis of process/activity and clinical outcome data in a timely manner;
- Working with coordinators to ensure the application of appropriate research methodology and ensuring that all operational research activities are well coordinated and running smoothly according to approved protocols;
- Managing work-plan implementation, specifying work-breakdown structure, responsible person/s for each activity, timelines and associated SOPs;
- Conducting routine and regular strategic/program planning meetings with I-TECH staff using evidence gleaned from data analysis and interpretation;
- Managing the program request tracker and continuously flagging urgent matters and critical success factors that will be off-track;
- Communicating realistic timelines for achievement of set goals to relevant stakeholders in the consortium and ensuring that all work is handed over to the Seattle team on critical projects as required;
- Modelling expected behavior and coaching team members to cultivate and institutionalize a problem-solving and critical thinking culture within team members and empowering them to be able to work independently and have a sense of shared ownership, pride and responsibility of their work.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Advanced degree in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years’ working experience in M&E training and health-related projects with increasing responsibility in senior leadership and management positions with proficiency in at least one statistical software package e.g. STATA, SAS or SPSS;
- Advanced Microsoft office skills especially in MS Excel, including pivot-tables, formatting, statistical functions and formulas;
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills, including study designing, data cleaning, verification and trend-analysis coupled with demonstrable project management skills but not limited to budget preparation, monitoring and in managing electronic health information systems;
- Strong report writing and presentation skills, including study protocol administration and interfacing with relevant stakeholders;
- Excellent analytical, detail orientation, problem solving and interpersonal communication skills with fluency in English and knowledge of one or more of the local languages (Shona and/or Ndebele) will be an added advantage and also have demonstrable ability to work independently and collaboratively.