In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Manager, Health Financing and Health Workforce
The Clinton Health Access Initiative, Inc
This is a challenging, fast-paced and rewarding position. The Manager will hold senior relationships with government and other partners, engage in stakeholder forums to help shape the vision for UHC and enabling reforms, provide technical inputs on matters of community health and broader health workforce, and shape the strategic direction of CHAI’s engagement in these areas. The Manager will be based in CHAI’s Zimbabwe office in Harare and manage a team of two full time employees. The position will report directly to the Zimbabwe Country Director.
- Lead CHAI’s engagement in community health workforce, specifically by supporting the Ministry of Health and Child Care to finance, operationalize and implement a streamlined community health strategy
- Support the Ministry of Health and Child Care to convene and facilitate a Universal Health Coverage Technical Working Group, which will provide a platform to engage and share evidence for decision making regarding the design and implementation of health financing reforms towards UHC
- Generate evidence to inform efforts to mobilize additional revenues for health and human resources, engage private sector, and strengthen workforce management,
- Oversee analytical work including resource mapping and program costing, and ensure that outputs are used strategically to shape decision making within government
- Lead efforts to scope and pursue other health workforce and health financing needs and opportunities towards UHC, including through government and partner consultation
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for select health workforce technical engagements with opportunity for high impact, including strengthening information systems, in-service training, and overall health workforce strategic and operational planning
- Project management, including work plan development, budget management, reporting, and personnel management
- Other responsibilities as needed
- Advanced degree preferred in a relevant field such as health economics, public health, public policy, business, or other relevant disciplines preferred; Bachelor’s degree minimum with exceptional experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a relevant public or private sector job in a rigorous environment
- Significant experience working with high level government stakeholders and other senior stakeholders in consensus-building processes on major health systems reforms
- Experience informing development of government strategy, policy and operational plans, preferably in health or health systems
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with strong organization and time-management skills
- Willingness to contribute to producing high quality deliverables on aggressive timelines
- Ability to work with humility and achieve results
- Experience with design and implementation of national community health workforce programs
- Experience supporting design and roll-out of core operational processes for health system reforms, including financial management, essential service prioritization, provider contracting, strategic purchasing, and performance tracking
- Familiarity with broader health financing and health workforce issues and approaches.