Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Population Services International Zimbabwe (PSI/Z) is a leading global health organization with programs targeting HIV and reproductive health. Working in partnership within the public and private sectors, and harnessing the power of the markets, PSI provides life-saving products, clinical services and behavior change communications that empower the world’s most vulnerable populations to lead healthier lives.
The incumbent will be responsible for carrying out high quality routine and specialised laboratory testing services so as to produce accurate and reliable clinical results used in patient diagnosis, treatment, and management.
• Performs laboratory tests, records patients and Quality Control (QC) results and transcribes to appropriate reports
• Coordinates work schedules (Routine Tests and Specialised tests ) for diagnosis and prognosis to include HIV
testing, monitoring of ART patients and other studies conducted by PSI according to the (SOPs)
• Recognizes and resolves instrument and or assay failures, acting as internal technical advisor for instrument
troubleshooting on the laboratory’s equipment.
• Carries out corrective actions for patient and QC results as directed by the HTC Manager.
• Assists other laboratory staff members in daily workflow, to include, but not limited to prioritizing specimens,
specimen storage, and assay resulting and reporting.
• Judiciously uses laboratory resources, to include, but not limited to instrument reagents, QC material, and equipment
• Maintains accurate reagent and asset inventory and assists in the training of other technical employees.
• Assists in supervision of laboratory safety issues, including medical waste management and disposal.
• Participates in the development and implementation of ISO 15189 Quality Management System.
• Mentors new staff by conducting orientation/training; or cross-train each other.
• Compiles weekly, monthly and quarterly laboratory reports as required.
• Participates actively in Site Improvement through Monitoring (SIMS) and quarterly Data Quality Audits (DQAs)
• Any other duties as assigned by Site Manager
Qualifications & Experience
• Degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Diploma from a recognized institution.
• Minimum three years as a Medical Laboratory Scientist/Technician in VCT, hospital or research environment.
• Ability to run automated and manual lab equipment.
• Registered with Medical Laboratory and Clinical Scientists Council of Zimbabwe.
In return, PSI/Z offers competitive remuneration, commensurate with qualifications and experience. PSI is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender identity or expression,race, religion, national origin or disability.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Population Services International Zimbabwe - is looking for ReceptionistZimbabwe 16 May, 2019
Population Services International Zimbabwe - is looking for Payroll OfficerZimbabwe 16 May, 2019
Population Services International Zimbabwe - is looking for PROGRAM ASSISTANTZimbabwe 17 May, 2019
Population Services International Zimbabwe - is looking for Nurse Clinician (ICCTT)Zimbabwe 20 May, 2019
Population Services International Zimbabwe (PSI/Z) - is looking for Motorbike RiderChitungwiza 28 Jun, 2019