|1. Provide programme development advisory services and develop programmes in the area of SGBV/HP/SRHR:
- In collaboration with the Inter-agency Technical Teams, oversees and manages the design and formulation of programme initiatives across pillars;
- Coordinates the implementation of the Spotlight joint programme and ensures that the programme remains integrated, relevant and is in line with various elements of the programme document including the programme strategies and coordination arrangements set out in the programme document;
- In collaboration with the Inter-agency Technical Teams, organize periodic consultations with key stakeholders, women leaders, human rights experts and UN partners to gather inputs on programme design, as necessary.
- Advises the RUNOs, the Government of Zimbabwe and collaborating partners on the vision and overall strategic direction of the Spotlight Country Programme;
- Leads the Technical Coordination Unit and oversees technical support to the various programme components;
- Supervises and manages a small team of professional and administrative staff.
2. Manage the implementation of the Spotlight Country programme:
- Facilitates annual planning and budgeting and is responsible for finalizing the annual workplan and budget and coordinate their implementation;
- Provide programme advisory support to the Spotlight Pogramme Steering Committee;
- Manage the technical implementation of the programme; provide technical advice; ensure synergies across programme pillars;
- Tracks expenditures by RUNOs and recommends timely movement of resources
- Provides oversight to the Task Team Leads’ delivery of quality reporting and timely delivery
- Coordinates the production and dissemination of consolidated results of the joint programme based on progress reports prepared by RUNOs;
- Provides guidance to staff and partners on Results Based Management tools and performance indicators;
- Provides support to the Resident Coordinator’s Office in preparing for Programme Steering Committee meetings; annual and quarterly programme reviews and/or evaluation meetings.
3. Oversee technical assistance and capacity development to project/programme partners:
- Guides the process of delivery of technical assistance and engagement with partners
- Provides technical advice to RUNO partners for purposes of ensuring programme coherence,
- Builds, managess, and expand relationships with national partners to support implementation and expansion of the Spotlight Country programme; respond to any potential problems;
- Serve as an expert resource to RUNOs on SGBV/HPs/SRHR;
- Implements and oversees capacity building opportunities and initiatives;
- Provides partners with advanced technical assistance, training and capacity development initiatives.
4. Build partnerships and support in developing resource mobilization strategies:
- Takes an active role in defining the resource mobilisation strategy for the Spotlight Programme in collaboration with the RCO, RUNOs and Government;
- In collaboration with RUNOs, provides technical support to the development of proposals, relevant advocacy and policy documents;
- Takes an active advocacy role in approaching donors on behalf of the Spotlight Programme, under the guidance of the RCO.
5. Manage inter-agency coordination to achieve a coherent and aligned presence for the Spotlight Country Programme in Zimbabwe under the overall guidance of the UN Women Representative:
- Provides substantive technical support to the RC and Heads of Agencies on inter-agency coordination related activities by attending meetings, events, and participating in groups and committees;
- Coordinates with other UN agencies, government departments, donors and NGOs to ensure the programme’s capacity development is harmonized and aligned with other in-country efforts;
- Takes part in country level Common Country Assessment (CCA)/ United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF) processes and similar exercises related to the RC system;
- Prepares substantive inputs to the GRG, CCA/ UNDAF and other documents, as necessary.
- Promote harmonization and cohesion among UN agencies by exploring synergies, integration, and value addition
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely and quality programme strategies and contributions to programme documents, plans and reports
- Timely and quality of programme delivery in line with budget, workplans and the overall strategic objective of the programme
- Strong and clear leadership/ supervision of team
- RUNOs provide positive feedback on advisory and technical services
- Quality reports and timely submission
- Quality of advocacy, communication and knowledge management initiatives
- Resources mobilized
- Strong relationships with donors, partners and other stakeholders