Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Information Management Officer
Norwegian People’s Aid (NPA) is one of the leading organizations working in mine action worldwide. 70 countries are affected by landmines, cluster munitions and other Explosive Remnants of War, NPA works in 28 of them. NPA is implementing a Humanitarian Disarmament Programme in Manicaland with offices in Mutare, Zimbabwe and is looking for dynamic people to join the organization. Recruitment is currently being conducted for the position of Information Management Officer.
1. Ensure all documents and reports produced from all sites are uploaded on the program’s SharePoint workspace following the file naming guidelines.
2. Receive coordinates from site supervisors on area covered.
3. Check if they fall into the right coordinates and receive clarification on wrong coordinates
4. Update the current map on area covered for progress checking.
5. Upload on SharePoint and internal NPA Arc GIS to give an update on area covered.
6. Carries out ongoing updates during operations to ensure availability of accurate and latest information which is used for decision making.
Database and Operational Statistics Maintenance
1. Assist the Program Manager and Operations Manager in carrying out analysis of operational data when required.
2. Maintain an operational database on areas cleared in square metres and findings and how much quality control was done
3. Assist in managing the overall delivery of the data and information in an effective and efficient manner by working closely with the GIMA.
4. Submit monthly reports to HO via SharePoint after the OM’s Approval.
5. Ensure all GIS related dataset is maintained in a structured and hierarchical manner.
6. Ensure all reports on SharePoint are complete, consistent with standards and are of acceptable quality.
7. Maintain and update SharePoint on a regular basis and ensure that the quality of the data is up to the set standard
8. Provide support and guidance on usage of the data and updated dataset to the external stakeholders, after it has been approved.
9. Maintain records of clearance conducted and ensure that data received from the field is validity, complete and accurate.
10. Review information on square metres covered from Supervisors for each team daily and updated information into the system.
System Development and Maintenance
1. Design the data collection system to suit needs of different users and formats to ensure that it is user friendly.
2. Consult Management on the format required for easier retrieval of data from the system e.g. pictures, charts, tables and excel formats
3. Conduct Quality Control and update current database on SharePoint.
4. Ensure compliance with NPA global policies and guidelines on Information Technology in cooperation with the Global Information Management Advisor.
5. Information from this system is then used by ZIMAC to update the National Database and for reporting.
6. This in formation will then be used for decision making internationally
I. Conduct periodical IM related trainings to field data collection staff and other relevant staff on how to effectively use I.M tools or any other trainings when necessary.
2. Conduct Capacity building on computer related training for all computer users.
3. Develop IT training materials, system documentation, templates and other relevant documents related to I.T in dialog with the GIMA.
4. Conduct basic and first-hand IT user trainings at NPA offices when required, eg: MS-Office, GIS, Google Earth and basic Windows.
5. Liaise with sister programmes within the region on training on the internal system used by NPA
6. Train ZIMAC personnel on the IMSMA information management system for Mine Action which is used to record all operations as well as sharing of information.
I. Provide maintenance and repair of informatics hardware, software and networking services when possible or contact external service providers
2. Ensure Internet and internal system connection for all NPA offices and computers, field users and Programme Manager’s residence and that all staff has access to shared resources such as printers, scanners, internet etc.
3. Provide upgrading system when required, data backup, anti-virus installation and update and internet security to all users.
4. Provide remote and on-site I.T troubleshooting support to all users at the main office and field camps.
5. Ensure all software used is genuine and authentic and timely update compatible software for easier operating.
6. Assess needs and requirements of IT equipment at the office and camps and make recommendations to GIMA.
7. Provide remote or direct assistance to field offices as required.
– At least HND/Degree in ICT or Computer Science
– Affiliation to relevant body
– At least 2 years’ working experience in a similar environment.
– Class 4 driver’s is a must
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
A local Company - is looking for Sales & Marketing Internship: Local OrganisationNorton,Zimbabwe 1 Nov, 2018
Local Company - is looking for Agronomist1 Nov, 2018
Local Company - is looking for Accounting Assistants X3Zimbabwe 8 Nov, 2018