Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Grants Finance Manager
Who We Are
GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. We began humanitarian and developmental work in Zimbabwe from 2002 have gradually evolving from emergency response to long-term development. Currently our focus is on Livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH.
Career Opportunities with GOAL
GOAL is an equal opportunities employer to all individuals seeking possible employment with the organisation. We are looking for suitably qualified, highly competent and motivated individuals to be part of the GOAL Zimbabwe team for the Zimbabwe Country Program on a fixed term duration. Interested employment seekers are invited to apply for the vacant positions.
General Description of the Role
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring effective project monitoring, reporting and budgeting in relation to all financial and compliance matters. S/he will assist the Financial Controller in ensuring proper financial reporting, controls and systems are in place and in line with the specified GOAL procedures, donor and government requirements. This will include Preparation of budgets for proposals, donor reports, monitoring levels of GOAL expenditure, donor compliance issues and assisting in preparation of monthly management accounts and year-end accounts etc.
Summary of Key Duties
- Ensure proper financial management of all funds received from donor agencies such as OFDA, ECHO, UNHCR, UNICEF, Irish Aid, and other institutional or private donors;
- Support the preparation of budgets and budget narratives for proposals to donors, government and other bodies; and prepare financial reports on current funding;
- Work with Project managers to ensure they have properly allocated staff time using a fair and auditable basis that this is reflected in all budgets and financial reports, explicitly monitored in the Budget Monitoring Tool (BMT) process;
- Ensure core costs in all locations have been equitably allocated to all grants;
- Work very closely with programme management to ensure that key managers have up to date, accurate financial information to facilitate planning and response;
- Ensure that the Financial Controller is supplied with all necessary information from the BMT to complete that month’s funds request to GOAL HQ in Dublin;
- Attend all grant management meetings, ensuring that finance department presentations are completed in line with GOAL Zimbabwe’s grant management guidelines, whilst following up on all finance related matters arising from each grant management meeting;
- Ensure a regular field visits take place, and that reports are submitted on a timely basis whilst reviewing all such reports presenting all findings to relevant management;
- Support the preparation of detailed implementation plans, including the allocation of individual donor funding to activities and ensuring accurate forecasts and spends;
- Monitor and control current expenditures, liaising with programme staff when necessary, to ensure that expenditure stays within available funding and agreed budgets using budget-monitoring tools and highlight, as appropriate, under/over-spends whilst agreeing on actions required;
- Review monthly funds requests from field offices, ensuring that funds are tracked and that cash balances held in the field are kept to the minimum needed for effective programme implementation;
- Support the preparation of year-end financial statements, arrange and ensure timely completion of year-end audit. Liaise with auditors with respect to donor and GOAL Dublin audit requirements and facilitate audit work;
- Maintain and improve appropriate systems of internal control, particularly with respect to field office sites, and make use of IT where appropriate to improve financial systems;
- Ensure that both donors’ and GOAL’s financial procedures and policies are always adhered to;
- Ensure that all VAT recoverable under donor guidelines is correctly processed, monitored and recorded properly;
- Capacitate, guide and supervise respective subordinates, ensuring that all tasks as described by their job descriptions have been carried out in a timely and accurate manner of accounting data;
- Carry out appraisals of all subordinates in an effective and timely manner in line with GOAL Zimbabwe’s human resources manual.
Person Specifications (Attributes and Qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field with an internationally recognized accounting qualification such as ACCA or equivalent;
- A minimum of 6 years of related work experience of which at least 3 years is at management level in an international NGO managing large budget programmes funded by USAID/OFDA, ECHO. UNHCR, UNICEF, Irish Aid, etc;
- Ability to work with advanced excel, SAGE, BMT including proficiency in standard Microsoft Office packages;
- Firm belief in teamwork, demonstrated technical and managerial ability, sound judgment, and ability to interact and work effectively with others at all levels;
- Excellent communicator, facilitator and trainer who is flexible and capable of working with an international country team;
- Keeping confidentiality, accountability, excellence, adaptability, innovation, coaching, facilitating change, developing teams, planning and organizing.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Goal Zimbabwe - is looking for Business Development Services OfficerChipinge, Zimbabwe 28 Nov, 2018
Goal Zimbabwe - is looking for Data Capture Clerks (2)Harare, Zimbabwe 5 Dec, 2018
GOAL Zimbabwe - is looking for Ten (10) x Relief DriversZimbabwe 9 Jan, 2019
GOAL Zimbabwe - is looking for Logistics and Finance AssistantZimbabwe 9 Jan, 2019
GOAL Zimbabwe - is looking for Field OfficerZimbabwe 9 Jan, 2019