Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263714875459
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Summary of Grant
The grant is under a consortium with two partners whose main action is to respond in an integrated manner to the pressing needs for shelter, WASH facilities, protection and psychosocial support in Chimanimani and Chipinge – the worst affected districts ravaged by Cyclone Idai
The Grant will respond to the following
- Providing shelter needs of 2,000 vulnerable households in the two districts through a multi-pronged approach which utilizes cash grants and voucher assistance linked with appropriate technical trainings and support (utilizing Last Mile Mobile Solutions, LMMS e-voucher solution which provides enabling full end-to-end digitalized tracking of transactions). The Action will stock-pile tents and blankets for future emergencies.
- Providing WASH sanitation needs of 1,000 households and supports early recovery efforts by supporting access to sanitation and hygiene,
- Setting up child friendly safe spaces, increasing psycho-social support and coping mechanisms, and strengthening community- based child protection systems for prevention and response to child rights violations to the most vulnerable and affected households.
Purpose of the Position:
To support the Echo Idai response Project staff with grant accounting and budgetary functions for the ECHO IDAI RESPONSE Grant, ensuring conformity with World Vision International reporting requirements and the stringent compliance standards established the donor or government or regulatory agency to minimize incidences of any disallowed costs and/or significant expenditure variances.
A. Financial Planning, Management and Reporting
- Work with SO manager and officers to come up with grant budgets that support program designs, and are in line with the WVZ budgeting guidelines, specific donor guidelines and formats and Support office recommendations.
- Translate donor budget formats to LEAP budget format (or any future standard budget that WVI may recommend), and post the full budget into the planned budgets screen of Sunsystems for donor reporting purposes.
- Communicate with the Support Office on PBAS commitments and, as soon as possible, advise the Finance Manager of any challenges in getting the commitments on PBAS for his/her support and follow up.
- Design and implement a spending tracking system to make sure all expenses are within budget before signing any requisition.
- Participate in FFR review meetings with SO manager and Program staff giving advice of any deviations from planned spending, with recommendations for corrective actions to avert variances that are outside of the donor flexibility rules.
- Review monthly balance sheet ledger reconciliations and analyse and follow up for clearance, any balance sheet items (for example, employee150 accounts, sub grantee accounts, amounts in accruals account, prepayments/deposits and any program receivables) that relate to the assigned grant.
- Report Consolidation- Preparation of the financial report to the donor and this includes reviewing and consolidating financial reports from partners for submission to the Support Office/Donor.
B. Donor Compliance Management
- Advise the Finance Manager, Grant Coordinator, officers and key stakeholders of key grant contractual clauses, and ensure that all transactions and business processes do not violate those clauses.
- Maintain a file of all key sub-grantee documents, and make sure they are easily accessible whenever needed.
- Facilitate internal and external audits and donor compliance visits/assessments as may be required in any grant agreement.
- Monitor sub grantees, if any, and ensure that they meet all conditions of the sub agreement and the general donor requirements, including timeliness of reports, quality of reports, sound business processes and adherence to own policies and procedures.
- Participant in National Office and GC audits as may be required.
C. Administration, Supply Chain
- Maintain a program specific asset register, and ensure that it agrees with both the ledger and the master assets register.
- Conduct quarterly asset reconciliations.
- Participate in tender meetings and/or processes that relate to the assigned grants.
D. Capacity Building
- Identify capacity building needs for staff,sub-grantees and recommend necessary trainings or studies, whether self-funded or by WV, in line with existing policies.
- Conduct on the job grants financial management trainings for subordinates and non-Finance personnel working on the grant.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A degree in Accounting or Finance. A professional qualification such as ACCA or CIMA will be an advantage.
- In-depth working knowledge of accounting software packages
- Excellent computer literacy skills, especially in MS Excel.
- In-depth working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and the WVI Field Finance Manual.
- In-depth working knowledge of grant accounting.
- Knowledge of how to prepare, review, and present financial statements and financial reports.
- Clean Class 4 driving license
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
World Vision - is looking for Project Coordinator– Whole School DevelopmentBulawayo,Zimbabwe 4 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for Non Formal Education Officer(3)Bulawayo 9 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for Project Coordinator– Whole School DevelopmentBulawayo,Zimbabwe 15 Nov, 2018