Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on 0714991316
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Gender Equality Officer
Scope of Work
The IRC is a global leader in transforming the lives of women and girls. The IRC has a focus on narrowing the gender gap in humanitarian aid, and ensuring that we contribute to the equality of women and girls in both our programs and operations by working to establish a context where men, women, boys, and girls enjoy the same rights and opportunities. The IRC believes there is a symbiotic relationship between how we operate as an organization, and the success of the programming that we deliver and changes we seek to make in local communities.
Job Overview/Summary: Over the past two years, the IRC Zimbabwe has made a significant investment in furthering gender equality in its programs and operations. In 2018 the organization conducted a comprehensive gender analysis in Mutare district that informed the development of a gender mainstreaming plan, which it is currently implementing. It has also made important policy changes aimed at creating a safe and productive work environment for its female staff, through the establishment of women-only spaces and gender awareness training for all staff.
The Gender Equality officer position will be responsible for guiding the IRC Zimbabwe country program in applying principles of gender equality in all operational policies and practices, and will help country staff to set and achieve meaningful and targeted goals for more gender equitable internal practices. The position will be responsible for designing and implementing gender equality training and leading office-wide initiatives to initiate internal culture change and a universal understanding of gender equal practices for the workplace. The position will also assume overall responsibility for implementing the gender mainstreaming plan, and will work closely with program managers and field level staff to adapt and develop tools and training to support gender analysis and program design. The position will collaborate with the Senior M&E Manager to document and measure progress in addressing inequalities and narrowing the gender gap. The position may also be asked to contribute to research initiatives to advance learning on best practice in gender equality. The GE Officer will report to the Deputy Director Programs with dotted reporting lines to the Gender Equality Advisor for East Africa, based out of Nairobi.
· Work with country leadership to develop and adapt proven and innovative approaches to promoting and building an inclusive and equal office culture and environment.
· In collaboration with key country and human resources staff, review, modify, design and support implementation of key processes, practices and tools to help guide more gender equitable HR policies and practices – with an emphasis on recruitment and retention of female staff.
· Liaise with the country safety and security focal point to work for more gender equal country risk analyses and safety trainings to allow for improved recognition of women-specific security concerns and leadership in security management.
· Oversee the implementation of the country-level gender mainstreaming plan and ensure that agreed to activities are delivered on time, on scope and meet technical standards
· Support program staff to build and use gender sensitive practices across the project cycle including conducting gender analysis, designing gender-sensitive projects and using gender-sensitive monitoring practices.
· Coordinate efforts of Gender Equality champions based in the field offices, convene regular meetings, input into annual GE operational action plan, and track activities and budget
· Work closely with national M&E advisor to monitor the impact of new practices and approaches on programs and organizational culture and document the results. This could include conducting gender-related research within the workplace or in the field
· Representation in country forums and conferences focusing on gender and other related fields.
Expected Salary Range
USD1,212 – 1,576
Education: Bachelors’ degree in social sciences with a concentration in gender or women’s studies preferred; Background or extensive understanding of humanitarian assistance.
Work Experience: minimum of 2 years of experience in the humanitarian or development sector with proven track record of integrating gender equality outcomes in operations and humanitarian programs.
Field Experience: At least 2 years field experience in humanitarian and development settings in Zimbabwe
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
· Demonstrated expertise in conducting and supporting gender analysis and program design processes
· Demonstrated experience/understanding of organizational development and/or HR policies and practices
· Effectiveness in bridging practical guidance and conceptual frameworks
· Ability to create and implement country-level strategies according to organizational priorities, taking into account a variety of field contexts
· Experience in developing and administering gender trainings, ability to communicate technical expertise and standards, and implement best practice approaches
· Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with local and remote team members at multiple levels in the organization
· Ability to work independently and with multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams
· Able to transfer technical knowledge and skills, and transform attitudes to improve gender equality
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
International Rescue Committee Zimbabwe Program - is looking for Hygiene Promotion Assistants X3Chimanimani,Zimbabwe 4 Apr, 2019
International Rescue Committee Zimbabwe Program - is looking for Hygiene Promotion Officers X2Chimanimani,Zimbabwe 4 Apr, 2019
International Rescue Committee Zimbabwe Program - is looking for Drivers X3Zimbabwe 4 Apr, 2019