Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on 0714991316
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Financial services specialist
World Vision seeks a qualified Financial Services Specialist for an anticipated livestock value chain project in Zimbabwe. World Vision and its partners (consortium) will support the development of a strong, competitive Beef Value Chain (BVC) that promotes enhanced trade, employment creation, food security and inclusive green economic growth; as well as improving the enabling environment for a sustainable and inclusive BVC in Zimbabwe. The main role of the Financial Services Specialist will is facilitating access to financial products and services for BVC actors, including marginalised small to medium scale producers.
- Facilitate the development of innovative livestock value chain financing models and facilitate implementation through collaboration with partners. This entails that the Specialist will also work closely with financial services providers, to develop appropriate financial products for the BVC actors.
- Facilitate the development of financing models that incorporate de-risking instruments in order to increase the appetite of financial institutions to lend to targeted livestock value chain actors, especially small to medium scale farmers.
- Create relevant partnerships to support innovative financing models such as linkages to insurance providers. Furthermore, work with insurance providers to co-design products tailored made for BVC actors and negotiate favorable conditions for the BVC actors.
- Build the capacity of Banks and MFIs on social impact thrust e.g., incorporating cross cutting issues of gender and youth; climate change; green economy etc.
- Provide capacity building in financial literacy to relevant field staff.
- Design appropriate financial monitoring tools to monitor access and usage of financial products and services.
- At least 5 years of successful work experience as a Financial Services Expert, or in a managerial position of similar responsibility, within large donor-funded technical assistance teams for projects of similar magnitude and complexity in developing countries, preferably in Zimbabwe.
- A degree or higher in Development Finance, Agricultural Economics, Economics, Agribusiness, or another related field.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in linking livestock value chain actors to financial products and services.
- Demonstrated expertise in capacity building of the livestock chain actors on financial related issues.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of partners in the commercial sector, government, farmers unions/associations and research institutions
- Professional fluency in English in speaking, reading, and writing.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines
- Excellent verbal presentation and writing skills.
- Strong digital/ IT competencies required.
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
World Vision - is looking for Project Coordinator– Whole School DevelopmentBulawayo,Zimbabwe 4 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for Non Formal Education Officer(3)Bulawayo 9 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for Project Coordinator– Whole School DevelopmentBulawayo,Zimbabwe 15 Nov, 2018