Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Context of the position
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it. SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI exists in more than 134 countries. SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International -Besides children in our direct care, SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe has established family strengthening programs in Chitungwiza, Bulawayo and Shamva. The Programme supports children in difficult circumstances. The Organisation works as a development partner with communities and the local authorities. SOS Children’s Villages also runs schools, kindergartens and a farm.
The Financial Controller is primarily responsible for leading the strategic function of Finance within the National Association (NA). The role supports the SOS mission and goals through effectively aligned Finance strategy, policy, procedure and systems. This is a senior management position, we are therefore seeking a vibrant and results oriented individual to take up this important position. The Financial Controller has overall policy and management responsibility for the finance and accounting function for the Association.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities:
§ Ensure all policies and procedures are compliant with SOS funding policies, procedures, and requirements.
§ Establish finance and supporting function policies, systems and procedures, and direct their development, documentation, and implementation.
§ Manage the finance department to meet the financial reporting requirements and deadlines.
§ Direct the preparation of, and approve all donor financial reports in respect to accounting, legal and contractual requirements
§ Develop, schedule and support the completion of country internal control audits, and initiates actions necessary to correct internal control weaknesses.
§ Facilitate and co-ordinates external, internal, donor or government audits.
§ Maintain current knowledge of local government requirements related to financial matters and ensures compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements.
§ Support business entities that include schools, a training center and a farm, in developing business plans and financial accounting and management.
§ Supervision and technical support to logistics and procurement teams for skills improvement in the areas of internal control and compliance.
§ Design, implement, and monitor systems, procedures and reporting necessary to maintain on current basis accurate forecasts of cash requirements for meeting future spending, including commitments entered into and which obligate SOS to future spending.
§ Assist with the preparation and revision of program and grant proposals and budgets.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
· A degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance. A professional qualification such as CA, ACCA or CIMA will be an added advantage.
· Minimum eight years’ experience as a manager in the financial field and grants management.
· Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems and database programs
· Must be able to function effectively in a complex work environment and to set appropriate priorities and deal effectively with numerous simultaneous requirements
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Good Management and writing skills
· Strong analytic and strategic thinking skills
· Knowledge of and experience in structured financing and international fundraising as well as business planning and management skills is an added advantage.
· Ability to work under pressure and short deadlines.
· Matured candidate with good analytical skills.
To access the latest job opportunities on WhatsApp, send the word JOBS to +263 73 538 8888 to enjoy this and other job posts.