Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263714875459
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies
- Treasury functions
- Accounting, administrative and clerical support
- Financial Reporting
- Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures implementation of operational strategies, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UNOPS rules and regulations of financial processes, financial records and reports and audit follow up; implementation of the effective internal control framework.
- Input to the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in Finance in consultation with the direct supervisor and office management.
Provides support to Treasury, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Review of payment requests for completeness prior to processing to ensure that documentation is complete and all information concerning the payment has been supplied; proper accounting codes used; certification of services rendered/goods delivered is written on the payment document and duly signed by authorized officials; payment to sub-contractors are in compliance with terms and conditions of agreement.
- Review and confirmation of appropriateness of operational transactions processed through the interpretation and determination of applicable policies, regulations, rules
- Review and confirmation of the validity of charges by verifying authorized amounts and ensuring availability of budget and funds.
- Frequent contact with the local bank to obtain day-to-day information on rates of exchange, interest rates, changes in procedures and bank regulations, etc.
- Running the pay-cycle and preparation of bank transfer documents.
Provides accounting, administrative and clerical support to the Finance Unit, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Preparation of vouchers and review of supporting documents to ensure completeness, accuracy, and correctness of accounts codes charges; entry of transactions in the computerized accounting and finance system.
- Monitoring of financial recorded expenditures and related contributions to ensure timely and accurate accounting information.
- Analysis of reports, investigation, and adjustment as required.
- Communication with colleagues/clients on areas requiring verification, corrections, additional information, etc. to improve the quality of output and/or account submission and increase the knowledge base in the process.
- Monitoring of cash requirements and expenditures.
- Provision of finance system support (UNOPS ERP Financial System, PeopleSoft) to field offices and regional office staff for Project Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Ensure the maintenance of a good filing and archiving system for the purpose of achieving quick reference and up-to-date financial records.
Ensures accurate financial reporting, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Implementation of reporting systems and reports to meet Funding source requirements.
- Reconciliation of expenditures recorded in oneUNOPS.
- Assistance to Project Managers with oneUNOPS reporting and analysis.
- Provision of ad-hoc financial reports as needed including for Year-End closure
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/ projects staff on Finance.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent
- University degree or diploma or certification in related subjects; accounting, business administration is an advantage
- At least 4 years of relevant finance experience is required at the national or international level.
- Possession of a university degree will supplement some of the required experience.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003 and/or newer versions) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
UNOPS - is looking for Project Support OfficerZimbabwe 7 Jun, 2019
UNOPS - is looking for Project Manager- PIU AFDBHarare,Zimbabwe 8 Jun, 2019
UNOPS - is looking for Project Manager-PIU -AFDBMutare,Zimbabwe 8 Jun, 2019