Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Finance and Administration Intern
Deadline: 21 June 2019
Diakonia is a Swedish international development organization that works together with local partner organizations for a just, equal and sustainable world. The overall goal of Diakonia is to change unfair political, economic, social and cultural structures that generate poverty, inequality, oppression, and violence. Diakonia works with the most vulnerable people, local civil society partners and other strategic actors for the fulfilment of the right of all people to live a life in dignity. Diakonia is a member of the ACT Alliance which is a broad-based network of faith-based organizations involved in humanitarian, development and advocacy work at national, regional and global levels. Globally, Diakonia currently supports about 400 partner organizations in 30 countries.
The primary objective of this internship is to give a University student experience in the practical aspects of all Finance, Administration & Procurement practices and procedures at Diakonia Zimbabwe Country Office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Intern will report to the Administrative and Accounts Assistant (AAA) and will assist in the following specific tasks:
- Administrative and Logistical Support: Procurement of goods and services against approved purchase orders;
- Arranging travel and hotel reservations;
- Administrative support to programmes and internal processes in the organization in relation to events, conferences, workshops and retreats;
- Preparation and booking of meeting rooms and video-conference facilities;
- Procurement of all office and kitchen supplies according to set guidelines.
- Accounting and Reporting: Receive payment requests and ensure complete documentation to support payments;
- Processing of all approved expenses and log them in the payment voucher book;
- Timely and accurate preparation of bank reconciliations and take action on discrepancies;
- Maintaining and updating of accounting records, in accordance with accounting policies and procedures;
- Preparation of receipts and vouchers to be entered correctly in the accounting system;
- Preparation for annual auditing processes;
- Maintaining safe custody of accounting and physical vouchers that relate to Diakonia;
- Submission of tax and statutory returns in accordance to the local laws;
- Performing other related duties and functions as requested.
- Entry qualifications and experience
- A student from a reputable University studying towards a degree in Accounting, Business studies, Administration on a one year attachment;
- Ability to interpret and work in accordance with laid down procedures;
- Strong computer skills in a Microsoft Windows/Office environment;
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.