Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263714875459
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Community Technology Development Organisation
Location: Mutoko / Mudzi
With guidance from the District Coordinator the Field Officer will implement project activities as per set work plans. The Field Officer will be responsible for initiating and implementing comprehensive sustainable Community/District Resilience Plans within the ZRBF project framework. The Field Officer will seek to establish, operationalise and coordinate all project activities and components, that enhance community resilience, address food security, crop/livestock improvement, capacity building, appropriate technology development, testing, adoption, dissemination and scaling up. This will be achieved through the creation of a platform where resilience is prioritized.
- Specific deliverables will be guided by the ZRBF-BRACT project proposal and work plan and implementing strategies as per the Project Coordinator or Team Leader’s guidance, the Field Officer is expected to comply with any alterations of set targets;
- Support communities to diversify food production and income earning opportunities through a basket of options which will include, supporting women and men farmers to access improved farming inputs;
- Support the establishment of appropriate climate smart agriculture demonstrations sites, enhancing community adoption;
- Promote inclusiveness among all stakeholders in line with the Resilience Building Agenda;
- Work with impacted communities, Local Authorities, and other relevant stakeholders to incorporate mitigation, and resilience building measures into recovery plans and implementation;
- Establish effective coordination mechanisms across Government agencies, international community and civil society for risk reduction work at district levels;
- Monitor and introduce a culture of building requisite features of disaster mitigation and prevention in all development plans and programmes. This could include the formulation of sector specific working groups within key line departments focusing on developing strategies for prevention and mitigation
- Provide regular reports to the Project Coordinator regarding progress on project activities;
- Responsible for facilitating planning meetings with stakeholders and beneficiaries and sharing project information with relevant local authorities;
- Conduct regular monitoring of project implementation and report on challenges for timely action;
- Further the development and implementation of coherent sustainable agriculture best practices, and effective management of the local means of production;
- Facilitate sharing of information on nutrition, both within and between sectors, including data on nutritional values of different crops and dishes and best practices, relating to preparation of these dishes;
- Take part in the assessment of household food production, procurement, exchange, preparation, consumption patterns and income source and possible solutions to household vulnerability;
- Strengthen women’s groups to be able to prepare high quality nutritious dishes using diverse crops introduced using the Innovation Platform approach;
- Facilitate the introduction and/or adaptation of plant seeds that are important for the community diets, introduce community seed banking and strategic grain reserves;
- Perform any other duty as may be required by the Team leader, Project Coordinator or his/her designate.
Desired qualifications and experience
- Diploma in Agriculture, with 1-2 years extension experience in the NGO, Private Sector or GVT fields;
- Appreciation and experience with resilience building will be an added advantage;
- Self-motivated, highly entrepreneurial and willing to work in rural Zimbabwe;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Clean class 3/4 driver’s licence.
- This is an out of office job involving extensive travel within the district coordinating farmers and farming communities. Good communication and coordination skills are highly essential.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Community Technology Development Organisation - is looking for Project CoordinatorZimbabwe 9 Jan, 2019
Community Technology Development Organisation - is looking for 5 (Five) x Field OfficersZimbabwe 10 Jan, 2019
Community Technology Development Organisation - is looking for Field Operations CoordinatorHarare. Zimbabwe 10 Jan, 2019