The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT, is a non-profit making , research and training organisation with partner in over 100 countries.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated for the position of a Temporary Field Assistant at the CIMMYT Southern African Regional Office. This position has a critical role in enhancing the impact of CIMMYT’s work. The position reports to the Research Associate based at CIMMYT Regional Office based in Harare, Zimbabwe and will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities;
The main responsibilities will be:
- Carrying out Seed Production Research Trailing.
- preparation and management of seed production research trails.
- coordinating, harvesting and preliminary data analysis.
- maintain trial records.
- Seed Importation and Exportation Activities.
- preparation of all documents required for import and export of seeds
- preparation of seed shipment for export
- Record keeping of all documents related to import and export of seeds
- coordinate all seasonal field inspections by Seed Services and Plant Protection departments of DR and SS.
- supervise nursery and trial management.
- assist research associate to plan and coordinate the use of labour and farm equipment.
- ensure seed storage warehouses are properly maintained.
- maintain seed records.
- ensure fumigation and seed treatment.
- supervise casual labour and casual labour contracts and related records
We are seeking candidates with following qualifications, skills and attitudes
- Diploma/Certificate in Agriculture or degree with at least 3–5 years relative experience. Knowledge in maize breading or related field.
- Experienced in agricultural trailing and nursery establishment and management.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately and clearly record and manage data.
- Clean class 4 driver’s license.
- Ability to write and communicate in english
- Computer literate especially in Ms office.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company