Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263714875459
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Economic Recovery & Development Officer
Expected Salary Range: USD1,212 – 1,576
In anticipation of funding International Rescue Committee, Zimbabwe is recruiting for the position of Economic Recovery & Development Officer.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
Since 2008, the IRC has provided life-saving services to vulnerable local communities in Zimbabwe. In Zimbabwe, the IRC implements programs in the areas of; Economic Recovery and Development (ERD), Women Protection and Empowerment, Water, Health and Sanitation (WASH) and Capacity Building.
Scope of Work
Based in Chimanimani or Chipinge and reporting to the ERD Program Manager (PM) the ERD Officer is the primary field-level position for IRC’s Economic well-being outcomes under the Economic Recovery and Development (ERD) sector. The ERD Officer spends most of his/her time in the field, identifying target communities, establishing relationships with community leaders, overseeing field-level operations, such as the delivery of materials, conducting community level trainings [for instance Village Savings and Lending Schemes (VSLAs)], and supporting Agricultural initiatives (e.g. distribution of inputs, supporting farmer field schools/livestock support groups) including Water Sanitation and Hygiene activities. The ERD Officer will be expected to establish and maintain transparent, functional relationships with target communities.
- Program implementation: In close collaboration with local officials identify and register families/individuals to benefit under ERD activities [including but not limited to;
- Agricultural Inputs, Village savings and Lending Schemes (VSLAs), etc.];
- Conduct distributions in line with the project design/objectives for instance Agricultural inputs such as seeds, tools and or cash grants to identified beneficiary communities;
- Lead in the establishment of community based structures that support implementation of Cash for Work activities and monitor progress on set objectives and milestones;
- Work closely with other technical teams such as the WASH, Health, Women Protection and Empowerment to design and implement integrated programs within targeted communities;
- Carry out post distribution monitoring exercises to ensure accomplishment of project objectives;
- Apply technical knowledge and skills during the implementation cycle of the FSL program to achieve set objectives;
- Monitor progress against ERD grant work plan promptly identifying any bottlenecks against progress;
- Prepare Purchase Requests for program supplies/activities and undertake field procurement as designated and authorized.
- Reporting: Identify areas/themes for learning for example human interest stories (case studies) and document for program control and learning; Produce/contribute to development of IRC and donor reports as per set schedules on grant activities, indicators and achievements.
- Coordination & Representation: Work collaboratively with IRC logistics and finance field staff as required to process Purchase/Payment Requests and process beneficiary entitlements/payments/cash grants; As requested undertake/participate in liaison, coordination, and information sharing activities with other humanitarian actors including the local officials.
- Other: Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop the FSL program
All IRC staff are required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Technical diploma or degree in Community Development, Social sciences, Agriculture or Livestock Management;
- Minimum one year professional experience in implementing Food Security and Livelihoods Programs, community development, protection or similar;
- Proven abilities in developing project work plans, in beneficiary targeting, in working with disadvantaged communities and in implementing programs in the field;
- INGO experience preferred;
- Personal qualities: Works well in and promotes teamwork, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
IRC - is looking for Women’s Protection and Empowerment OfficerChimanimani,Zimbabwe 7 May, 2019
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) - is looking for Social Worker X2Chimanimani,Zimbabwe 13 May, 2019
International Rescue Committee (IRC) - is looking for Finance OfficerChipinge 17 May, 2019