Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on 0714991316
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
District Program Officer
The Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe women (DREAMS) program in Zimbabwe is focused on reducing new HIV infections amongst adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) by 40% by September 2021. The DREAMS program is being implemented in six priority high HIV burden districts in Zimbabwe i.e. Bulawayo, Chipinge, Gweru, Mazowe, Makoni, and Mutare. Under FHI360’s the DREAMS Project primary role in is to deliver a comprehensive curriculum on HIV prevention, gender norms and social asset building targeted at AGYW in school, out of school and their sexual partners at community level. The core package of interventions consists of social asset building, social protection, family and caregiver skills building, community norms activities that are complemented by provision of youth friendly sexual and reproductive health services.
The District Program Officer (DPO), works closely with the Provincial Coordinator to coordinate program implementation in five Districts in Bulawayo Metropolitan Province. He/she will be responsible for coordinating the delivery of a seamless program. He/She takes a lead in development, tracking, supervising and supporting timely delivery of implementation plans in accordance with donor guidance, program benchmarks and approved budget. He/she will support the organisation and delivery of capacity building initiatives as well as provide technical support to field staff. The DPO will participate in strategic district program meetings, sharing information on assigned programs and participating in monitoring, mentorship and support visits.
- In liaison with the Provincial Coordinator, the District Program Officer, coordinates program implementation following donor, organizational and program guidelines
- Provides overall supervision and technical support for all FHI 360/Zimbabwe Bulawayo DREAMS Provincial Program staff and ensure compliance with technical, programmatic, contractual and financial requirements set by FHI 360 and its funders.
- Coordinates and collaborates with all provincial stakeholders, DREAMS Implementing partners and sub-partners.
- With support from the M&E staff, monitors all intervention strategies to ensure that they meet contractual, financial and programmatic goals.
- With technical assistance from country office, provides programmatic/technical assistance to District program team in the design, implementation, modification, monitoring and evaluation of all program activities Undertakes regular monitoring visits to project sites as necessary.
- Collaborates with other IDREAMS Implementing Partners (IPs) based in the province and districts to coordinate project activities.
- Performs or delegates clerical and administrative support tasks, including creation, typing, and editing of program correspondence, purchasing documents, reports, program handbooks, and other publications.
- Collects and analyses data; prepares scheduled and special reports; maintains program/project records and statistical information
- Coordinates program documentation (Reports, Success Stories, Support in the development of IEC Materials) Development, delivery and monitoring of the Program Implementation Plan Coordinates the timely identification and addressing of program implementation challenges
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience in designing and implementing of public health/international development programs funded by US government or other international donors.
- Extensive knowledge of health and development programming in a developing country.
- Working knowledge of major donor policies (USAID) as well as international not-for- profit organizations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning, administrative, and financial management systems. Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS, health systems, decentralization of services and related issues specifically targeted for young people in general and adolescent girls and young women in particular.
- Ability to manage projects, sub-partner, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of programs. Contribute, coordinate and ensure the quality of monthly/quarterly reports
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community Work with Contracts and Grants to ensure timely acquisition and delivery of services
- Advocacy skills would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication and writing skills. The incumbent must be able to write project briefs, project reports, articles and conference presentations
- Ability to gather and analyze statistical data and generate reports
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel to implementation sites within the province a minimum of 25%.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Arts or in Social sciences with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience working on adolescent and youth health related interventions which includes experience with HIV/AIDS/SRHR program planning and implementation at the community and district levels working with NGO sectors.
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- An in-depth knowledge of health issues for adolescent Young girls and Women in Zimbabwe is essential as is integrated Project delivery at community level
- Experience working with the local partners is required
- Must have basic M & E and research knowledge.
- Demonstrated experience in training and facilitation is essential
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
FHI 360 - is looking for IT InternHarare,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Communications Officer – Country OfficeHarare,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Monitoring and Evaluation InternHarare,Zimbabwe 21 Nov, 2018