Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
DIRECTOR OF WORKS
The candidate should possess the following key competencies:
Qualifications and Skills
• A bachelor degree in Public Administration or Civil Engineering
• Masters in the same field in an added advantage
• At least five year experience in the similar role
• Must have broad-based knowledge spanning construction
management, electrical engineering and municipal planning
• Must have knowledge on public works such as planning, design, maintenance, and construction.
• Knowledge in safe work practices.
• Knowledge in principles of budget preparation and expenditure control
Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically, the incumbent’s duties include:
• Monitors and oversees the physical facilities of the University,
• Maintains and improves University infrastructure,
• Supervises the activities namely water and sewage treatment plants, utilities and equipment maintenance,
• Ensure that all works are completed successfully by contractors and staff members,
• Monitors and evaluates the condition, function, performance and efficiency of the university infrastructure,
• Lead role in developing short- and long-term construction plans, including estimating project costs and identifying ways to pay for projects,
• Enforce safety requirements based on the guidelines set by the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration,
• Schedule projects and coordinate efforts, and provide technical engineering expertise,
• Helps with planning and completing projects, and deals with problems that crop up during construction,
• Maintaining of equipment and budgeting for repair and replacement of equipment, as needed
• oversees the day-to-day operation of the water plant and the waste water facilities and
• Create policies for the safe use of the public utilities and works to implement those plans
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 29 SEPTEMBER 2019 APPLICATION PROCEDURE.
To access the latest job opportunities on WhatsApp, send a WhatsApp message with the word JOBS to +263 73 212 0001 to enjoy this and other job posts.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University (ZEGU) - is looking for LIBRARIANHarare, Zimbabwe 12 Jun, 2019
Zimbabwe Ezekiel Guti University (ZEGU) - is looking for BURSARHarare, Zimbabwe 12 Jun, 2019
ZEGU - is looking for LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / PROFESSOR (3 POSTS) FOR BCOM ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND MANAGEMENTZimbabwe 15 Sep, 2019
ZEGU - is looking for ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT-REGISTRY (1 POST)Zimbabwe 15 Sep, 2019
ZEGU - is looking for WEBMASTER (1 POST)Zimbabwe 16 Sep, 2019