Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263714875459
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Deputy Chief of Party
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States of America to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as part of our staff and as partners, people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. Registered in Zimbabwe under PVO Act number 6/2002, CRS works with church and non-church organizations to assist the poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality.
CRS is implementing Pathways, a five-year USAID funded program aimed at reducing HIV impact, vulnerability and risk and increase uptake of and retention in high impact HIV services among orphans and vulnerable children and adolescents in targeted communities in Zimbabwe. The project delivers a child-centered, family-focused, community-based package of evidence-based/informed interventions in Bulawayo, Guruve, Gweru, Harare, Insiza, Lupane, Matobo, Mazowe and Nkayi.
CRS seeks for qualified, diverse and compelling candidates to join this project, to support our great work.
Note: This position is contingent on donor approval
The Deputy Chief of Party (DCoP) is responsible for providing programmatic and technical leadership for effective and timely project delivery and will assist the Chief of Party in managing a team of senior program, technical staff and sub-partners. S/he will be responsible for management of the technical aspects of the project implementation that relate to community and families and ensure strong linkages with facility-level and other service delivery points. S/he is expected to facilitate linkages with government and other stakeholders to ensure that activities complement ongoing initiatives. S/he ensures that Pathways project adheres to national and international OVC standards, evidence and technical guidance and that program approaches are well-documented. S/he must effectively manage relationships with CRS and partner staff to establish and oversee a comprehensive strategy for the project. S/he will also serve as the point person for field-based activities with the donor.
Education, Experience & Skills
• Master’s degree or higher in Sociology, Social Work, Education, Child Development or related field.
• At least 7 years of experience designing, implementing and managing OVC projects, 5 of which was in large-scale, multi-year US government funded project.
• Previous Deputy Chief of Party experience strongly preferred, an added advantage if in OVC/health related project.
• Extensive experience implementing programs that address the following areas: early childhood development, vulnerable adolescent girls and young women at high risk of HIV acquisition; children and adolescents living with HIV; and HIV-exposed infants, especially from young mothers, parent-child communication, livelihood programs, community mobilization, economic strengthening, child sexual abuse, OVC policy and advocacy.
• Familiarity with USAID/PEPFAR project management.
• Familiarity with the Zimbabwe National OVC and HIV care and support policies.
• Demonstrated experience in financial management.
• Proven leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical and management expertise and experience.
• Demonstrated experience in managing, coordinating and supervising a team working with country and local community organizations, families and communities.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government representatives, local community and national NGOs, donors and other stakeholders, particularly at sub-national level.
• Demonstrated knowledge of achieving project targets through applied learning, rigorous knowledge management, and innovation.
• Experience in partner capacity building, managing and building partnerships in complex situations
• Ability to meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
• Excellent report writing and oral presentation skills in English
• Proficiency in computer applications (MS Office packages, lnternet and Web Conferencing)
• Willingness to spend 30% or more of the time in field locations.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) - is looking for Information, Communication & Technology (ICT) OfficerHarare,Zimbabwe 7 Dec, 2018
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) - is looking for Project Accountant (Pathways Project)Harare,Zimbabwe 11 Mar, 2019