In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Deputy Bursar – Projects
University of Zimbabwe
Desired Qualifications and essentials
The applicant should be a holder of a bachelor of accounting Honour`s Degree and a Masters in Accountancy Degree or Masters in Business Administration Degree from reputable and recognised institutions. He/She must also be a holder of a full CIMA/CIS/ACCA professional qualification. The desired candidate must have at least six years post qualification experience in accounting and administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the bursar, the duties of the Deputy Bursar, Projects shall include;
- Control of all Research Board Projects Accounts
- Approval of all payments to payroll creditors and employee accounts in excess of the signing limit of Senior Assistant Bursar
- Authorisation of all urgent payments in respect of research expenditure
- Follow-up of any research related problems as reported by Senior Assistant bursar
- Allocation of any ad hoc duties to senior assistant bursar as and when need arises
- Liaison with Senior Assistant Bursar(research) on all reports and year-end audit requirements
- Control of all specific Funds projects accounts
- Approval of all payments in respect of suppliers/requisitions in excess of signing limits of the senior Assistant Bursar.
- Authorisation of all urgent payments in respect of projects expenditure
- Follow-up of any specific funds projects related problems as reported by the senior Assistant Bursar or project coordinator
- approval of all annual Project Financial Reports
- Attendance of Research Board and Sub Committee meetings
- Being the financial link person with the University of Zimbabwe Farm for approval of expenditure and signing of payments of the farm
- Signing bank payment requests and/or authorising electronic payments
- Creation of new accounts and generating Accounting instructions
- Checking and approving financial Reports
- Any other duties as assigned by the bursar.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
University of Zimbabwe - is looking for Asssistant/Senior Assistant bursar – Planning officeHarare, Zimbabwe 12 Nov, 2018
University of Zimbabwe - is looking for Dean, Faculty of Agriculture, Dean, Faculty of Commerce, Dean Faculty of Engineering, Dean Faculty of Social StudiesHarare, Zimbabwe 12 Nov, 2018
University of Zimbabwe - is looking for Assistant /Senior Assistant Bursar – Students AccountsHarare, Zimbabwe 12 Nov, 2018