7 Lezard Avenue Milton Park, Harare, Zimbabwe Private Bag HG 7232 Highlands Harare Zimbabwe
Reporting to the SAGE Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Specialist, the Database Coordinator is responsible for designing and developing computerized databases, providing capacity building to project staff on software templates and databases, maintaining and ensuring SAGE database and trackers are updated.
Accountabilities: Database and Monitoring
· Design and develop database and software solutions for data collection, data capture and analysis;
· Design and develop Geographical Spatial Databases and Mapping;
· Design database maintenance procedures and putting them into operation;
· Provide user database training support and feedback mechanism (including managing double counting);
· Managing database security/integrity and backup procedures;
· Lead consortium partners in the roll-out of databases at district level;
· Plan and coordinate data quality assurance, including frequent survey auditing and data spot checks;
· Coordinates the implementation of gender sensitive participatory monitoring tools.
· Ensure availability and accessibility of project monitoring data through analysis and triangulation of qualitative and quantitative data.
· Participate in the development of SAGE Data Management Plan in line with Plan’s policies and procedures.
· Lead in archiving of project data.
· Participates in the overall planning, design and coordination of project evaluations (baseline, midline and endline surveys);
· Maintains an updated cohort database for longitudinal tracking;
· Conduct data quality assessments in line with MEL Framework
· Provide input and quality control for evaluation and research data collection tools as well as quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
Knowledge Management and Learning
· Ensure that consortium members and other stakeholders have easy access to quality and reliable project information as and when they need it.
· Ensure SAGE project progress trackers are updated;
· Lead in designs of Information Provision materials for the SAGE project.
Participate in Plan’s MER networks to enhance Plan’s Program Performance
· Participate in MER networks in order to facilitate learning and sharing of experiences.
· Identify and establish relevant networks and platforms for Monitoring, Evaluation and Research initiatives related to the project.
Child Protection & gender equality mainstreaming
× Promotes and abides by Plan policies and procedures including but not limited to: Gender equality mainstreaming, child protection, Code of Conduct and the related mandatory reporting responsibilities
- Degree in Statistics or equivalent;
- 3-5 years working experience in database design, data collection, and analysis and reporting or other related field
- In-depth working knowledge of computer based statistical packages including SPSS, CsPro, Ep-info and Excel; and information dissemination software.
- Knowledge of ICT platforms and mobile based data collection softwares
- Knowledge of strategic planning processes.
- Knowledge of theories of child-rights programming and child protection (programmatic and safe-guarding)
- Knowledgeable on participatory M&E tools and systems
- Demonstrated experience in team management.
- Knowledgeable on participatory and gender sensitive monitoring tools and systems
- Research, Analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiating, facilitating, communication and influencing skills
- Skills in managing qualitative and quantitative data collections
- Working experience in community participation in development/programming
- Assertiveness and shows cultural sensitiveness
- Demonstrates clear respect to all and especially children and women without discrimination.
- Demonstrates honesty and transparency in holding self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and Plan’s standards of behaviour
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Plan International - is looking for Temporary Management Accountant ( 3 Months Fixed Term Contract)Harare,Zimbabwe 14 Nov, 2018