In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
DATA MINING SPECIALIST
The incumbent will be responsible to specify, prioritise, manage and meet a range of business intelligence and reporting requirements across the business, to support effective decision making. He or she must ensure that data integrity and reliability for all databases is maintained.
Qualifications and Experience
6 ‘O’ Levels including English, Mathematics and Science
2 “A” Level passes
Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Statistics or equivalent.
Relevant post graduate or vocational qualification will be an added advantage
2 to 4 years experience in a similar or related environment.
Key Result Areas
• Examines and evaluates purpose and content of business reports to develop new, or improve existing format, use, and control
• Confers with persons originating, handling, processing, or receiving reports to identify problems and to gather suggestions for improvements
• Recommends establishment of new or modified reporting methods and procedures to improve report content and completeness of information
• Performs Systems & Application Performance data analysis for compliance and in order to produce reports and recommendations
• Performs traffic forecasts based on trend analysis of the extracted data and advises Planning and Design teams.
• Project Success Criteria determination and Benefits Tracking & Realization Analysis
2. DATA QUALITY AND ASSESSMENT
• Reviews data cubes refreshing.
• Monitor for timely and accurate completion of selected data elements
• Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
• Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented in the reporting modules
3. BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE AND REPORTING IMPLEMENTATION
• Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes.
• Conducts User Acceptance Tests with user departments
• Conducts post-implementation assessment with user departments
4. VENDOR AND STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT
• Engages vendors, contractors and service providers on issues pertaining support for all business intelligence reporting and monitoring.
5. DATA MINING AND ANALYTICS
• Prepares the data to be used in routine analytics
• Applies approved data mining models to explain patterns and trends and provide models for predictive and prescriptive analytics.
6. COMPLIANCE (POLICIES AND PROCEDURE & SHE)
• Implement Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP) according to the DRP procedure.
• Enforces compliance with Policies and Procedures, and recommends changes for adoption.
• Enforces SHE compliance in line with company SHE Policy
• Enforces audit and insurance compliance through implementing recommended standards
• Enforces Network elements/nodes/sites security is in place & adhered to all the times in liaison with Business Risk.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Econet Wireless - is looking for HEAD – INTERNAL RISKHarare,Zimbabwe 31 Oct, 2018
Econet Wireless - is looking for Information Security OfficerHarare,Zimbabwe 16 Nov, 2018
Econet Wireless Zimbabwe - is looking for GENERAL MANAGER- MICRO CREDITHarare,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018