Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
AHF is an international humanitarian organization operating in Zimbabwe, collaborating with City of Bulawayo to support health facilities in Bulawayo on HIV management program. AHF is looking for a highly qualified Data Clerk to fill a position that has arisen at one of the supported sites – Mzilikazi Clinic (Bulawayo). The successful candidate will be expected to coordinate AHF program data management activities relating to HTS and ART services including routine data collection, compilation, analysis, and dissemination through use of the MIS onsite.
The AHF Data Clerk will work under the direct supervision of the Sister(s) in Charge at the Facility they will be based and also under the supervision of the Data Officer at Mpilo Centre of Excellence located close to the site and overall under the AHF M&E Manager who is based at the Country Head Office. This position is critical as the Data Clerk will be responsible for generating accurate information, quality reports and analyzed data as required. S/he will ensure safe and secure retrieval of data at the designated site. In addition, the Data Clerk will ensure functionality of the medical records management systems (MRS) which is being used on site. Overall the Data Clerk will support the MoHCC Data Clerks already onsite.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and other duties that may be assigned
- M&E Roles: Collect weekly, monthly & quarterly HIV Testing Services and ART Statistics from the respective site including composition of the AHF specific Patient Productivity Reports (PPRs);
- Enter all weekly, monthly and quarterly PPR data into AHF PPR web portal;
- Actively participates in preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly program data reports and ensures timely submission of requested data to all key stakeholders, as well as assist in the production of information submitted to the MoHCC DHIS2;
- Regularly monitors and maintains privacy of all data/information collected and entered into all MIS systems on site;
- Ensures that all data/information is backed up on a regular basis (daily/weekly/ monthly) basis to ensure safety of data;
- Assist MoHCC MIS personnel onsite in troubleshooting and management of computer systems including Electronic Medical Records system at the facility & ensures that the system onsite is functional to support quality assurance, validity, accuracy and integrity of the program data;
- Takes part in training of healthcare workers in data collection, management and utilization and also provides timely feedback to data queries including data inconsistencies or missing data;
- Participates in the development of operational work plans and budgets for data management activities at the facility in line with reporting requirements;
- Review data for accuracy, completeness, identifying errors for cleaning and lead data audit and validation activities at the clinic;
- Ensuring availability of required & recent Health Information tools i.e. registers, forms, guidelines and any other relevant tools and ensures that Updating of these registers (e.g. HTS & ART registers) and any related tools is done;
- At facilities with Patient Chart Records, assist in ensuring there is an efficient patient record management system e.g. assist Assists with clinic’s filing when required;
- Ensure that the number of charts entered into the database correlates with number of clients recorded in the daily register at the reception;
- Performs clerical and administrative tasks related to data entry (e.g. filing and retrieval of relevant information); Perform any other duties as assigned by the different line supervisor(s).
- Administrative Roles: Make meeting appointments;
- Take minutes in staff meetings; Assist in procurement processes.
Qualifications and Experience
- The applicant should hold a Diploma in IT, Computer Science, Information Systems, Statistics, Economics or another related field from a recognized institution.
- Holding a Bachelor(s) degree in the fields noted is a significant advantage;
- At least one-year experience in data management and analysis in a busy health care setting and in a field directly related to HIV&AIDS and specified responsibilities;
- Previous exposure and experience working with healthcare delivery systems such as ePMS, ePOC, DHIS 2 a significant advantage;
- Flexible, proactive and able to organize work independently as well as work in a team.