In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Econet's Cassava Zimbabwe
Cassava Zimbabwe is looking for a versatile and dynamic Content Coordinator to join its EduTech Team based in Harare. The main purpose of the position is to acquire quality digital books as communicated in the Content Strategy Plan, working closely with Head – Content Acquisition.
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree in Library & information Science or equivalent
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience in the publishing profession with strong content background and development skills
• Experience in a similar or related environment.
• Possess excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent Coordination and Stakeholder Management skills.
Key Result Areas
• Assists in designing and developing quality content for different class levels including revision interactive tests onto the content platform.
• Works with Marketing and Sales, teams to forecast eBooks requirements and performance.
• Liaises with local and international publishers for digital lists, licensing and metadata coordination.
• Coordinates collection of metadata, and processing of ebook content files for platform uploading by publishers
• Works with institutional librarians, publishers and their distribution partners to obtain academic and non-academic content available for loading
• Participates in eBook store planning and development to ensure the provision meets the needs of customers.
• Conducts research to keep abreast of the changes in the markets in terms of content requirements and take cognisant of competitor, market, and product intelligence
• Carries out comparability studies with other internationally eBook stores in Education internationally.
• Conducts research on pertinent titles, subscriptions, apps, and programs, to acquire for each institutions as guided by each faculty and head librarian
• Carries out research on local content with in-country affiliates regarding eBook Store, provide support and help coordinate marketing activities
• Creates and manages content workflow for publishers that ensure that content is acquired and loaded in a timely manner.
• Monitors and recommends new practices in order to improve the content acquisition process for Africa.
• Provides excellent written and graphical summaries of key findings and when necessary, perform in-depth data analysis for use in reports.
• Collaborates and shares knowledge with other ecourses coordinator to better focus the company on its new revenue products and services visions.
• Ensures compliance with licensing and copyright laws and regulations;
• Prepares weekly eBook store content acquisition reports and recommends interventions to ensure achievement of content development goals.
• Promotes continuous improvement of Quality Management Process for eBook and online content.
Location On Map