In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
About the Organisation
The international Maize and Wheat Improvement Center known by its Spanish acronym CIMMYT is not for profit research and training organization with partners in over 100 countries.Please refer to our website for more information.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated candidate for the position of Communications specialists at the CIMMYT Southern Africa Regional office.Under the supervision of the Regional Communications Officer and Regional CIMMYT representative,the Communication Specialist will work with research teams(Global Maize Programme,Sustainable Intensification Programme,Socio Economic Programme) in Zimbabwe and actively communicate about the key CIMMYT projects in Zimbabwe and in the Region on a regular basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
With support from CIMMYT Kenya/HQ Communication team and the CIMMYT scientist in Zimbabwe Office:
- Work with Project partners to develop,produce and use relevant extension and training materials(flyers,posters,info graphics,videos,etc) for target communities(farmers and agricultural extension personnel) and project events (demonstrations,field days)
- Develop brochures and technical bulletins
- Document and Communicate project News,updates and stories for wider dissemination in Zimbabwe and globally
- As required,travel to document CIMMYT’s work on the ground,include field visits and taking still and video photography.
- Assists scientists in preparing scientific posters,presentations and other-materials
- Publish and disseminate project results in various forms-print,digital,video or audio
- Support networking and engagement activities with other actors in Zimbabwe-as a specific contribution to the projects wider alignment and scaling objectives
- Support innovative use of information,communication and knowledge-based interventions and approaches across projects
- Oversee the activities related to the production of high quality communications materials including digital content,annual reports and reviews,newsletters.etc.
- Liaise with CIMMYT HQ communications team to share project updates and stories
Required academic qualifications,experience ,skills and attitude:
- MSC degree or related degree in Communication,Knowledge Management,Journalism or related
- Very good knowledge of oral and written English-we are looking for a writer/communicator
- Fluency in English,Shona and or Ndebele;working knowledge of other local languages is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills in an international environment
- Ability to prioritize work and handle multiple tasks;keen attention to detail
- Conversant in social media platforms and social networking tools
- Experience in agriculture and developmental field in Ethiopia is highly desirable
- At least 5 years relevant experience in a development,research,corporate or international environment is a plus
- Experience in supporting communications and or media relations in the area of agriculture research for development is an added advantage
- Ability to present and package scientific information into various formats to suit specialist and non -specialist audiences
- Basic Knowledge of and skills in desktop publishing,HTML,photography and photo editing.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
CIMMYT - is looking for Field AssistantZimbabwe 8 Nov, 2018
Cimmyt - is looking for Communications SpecialistHarare,Zimbabwe 17 Dec, 2018