In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Communications Officer – Country Office
65 Whitwell Road, Borrowdale West Harare, Zimbabwe
HI360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways, by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. In Zimbabwe, FHI360 runs three projects, the Zimbabwe HIV Care and Treatment (ZHCT), DREAMS (Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-Free, Mentored, Safe) and Mhuri/Imuli. These projects support the Government of Zimbabwe to improve the health of target populations in selected provinces in Zimbabwe. The three programs serve pregnant and breastfeeding women, children, adolescent girls and young women, men and persons living with HIV.
FHI360 is looking for an experienced professional to support the country office as a Communications Officer. Reporting to the Country Director (CD), the Communications Officer will work closely with each project to assist, build and support program communication needs. The incumbent will be responsible for enhancing FHI360 project’s visibility with its donor, beneficiaries, partners and the public by generating project success stories and other visibility documents. This includes providing consultative review to and editing of internal FHI360’s communications to ensure accuracy and clarity of message and tone. This position will play an important role in telling FHI360 Zimbabwe’s story.
- Lead the design of FHI360’s communication strategy.
- Implement and monitor the organization’s communication strategy in consultation with the Country Director and Chiefs of Parties (COPs), Deputy Chiefs of Parties (DCOPs), and other communications and senior staff.
- Develop a content style guide for FHI360 project documents.
- Coordinate and work closely with projects to collect content and draft weekly bullets, and monthly and quarterly success stories for submission to USAID and FHI360 regional office for dissemination.
- Copyedit and proofread draft project documents, such as success stories, weekly bullets, technical briefs, reports; and ad hoc communications document requests for conferences and meetings such as abstracts, posters and PowerPoint presentations.
- Assist to develop, edit and package all project publications, promotional and visibility materials; including brochures, posters, fliers, fact sheets in compliance with FHI360 and USAID branding and marking guidelines.
- Help prepare and update a standard information package on FHI360 Zimbabwe for distribution to the public and the media.
- Assist FHI360 projects to monitor and ensure that a regular supply of project communication materials are available for FHI360 and USAID reporting.
- Assist technical staff with public outreach/awareness campaigns and exhibitions.
- Coordinate with FHI360 stakeholders on communications, outreach, PR, and media related issues on behalf of projects; as directed by the CD and COPs.
- Assist with and coordinate planning and logistics and attends FHI360 project events as requested by the CD and COPs.
- Act as point of contact on FHI360 Zimbabwe communications for FHI360 Regional Office, USAID, FHI360 counterparts, partners and the media.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge and experience in communications related to international public health and/or development.
- Well versed in health, RMNCH/FP, ASRH, HIV and GBV programming for young people, women and communities.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with donors and staff.
- Highly responsive to internal and external communications requests.
- Skilled in presenting information to different audiences, including media.
- Proven writing, editing, design, videography, or photography skills.
- Demonstrated skill in program communication, development of information and communication material.
- Ability to produce analytical and well-presented reports and publications.
- Skilled in MS Office, including Publisher, Word, Excel, Power Point required. Experience with desktop Publisher and other graphics software is advantageous.
- Ability to travel to implementation districts a minimum of 20%.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or a closely related discipline. Master’s degree in the above-mentioned fields is advantageous.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as media or communication officer. 3+ years of writing, editing, and publications experience.
- Experience working in public health/international development programs funded by US government or other international donors will have an added advantage.
- Experience in working and managing relations with multiple projects and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
- Strong understanding of the development context in Zimbabwe, and communication needs of donors such as USAID.
- Fluency in English required.
- Knowledge of Shona and/or Ndebele helpful/
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
FHI 360 - is looking for IT InternHarare,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for District Program OfficerBulawayo,Zimbabwe 20 Nov, 2018
FHI 360 - is looking for Monitoring and Evaluation InternHarare,Zimbabwe 21 Nov, 2018