Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on 0714991316
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
10 Lanark Road Belgravia Harare
WWF – World Wide Fund for Nature is the world’s largest independent conservation organization, with over five million supporters and a network active in more than 100 countries on five continents. Our mission is to stop the degradation of the planet’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
WWF Zimbabwe seeks to recruit a proficient, energetic and motivated individual to take up this exciting position based at our Harare office.
The incumbent will support delivery of WWF Zimbabwe’s Conservation Strategy through effective and strategic communication focused on among other things, resource mobilization and partner relationship management.
- Develop and implement effective internal and external public relations strategies for communicating WWF Zimbabwe Country Office conservation initiatives to enhance corporate image, visibility and brand;
- Develop and disseminate Information and Education Communication (IEC) materials including print and electronic materials such as, logos, letterheads, newsletters, e-newsletters, banners, brochures; and annual reports on WWF Zimbabwe Country Office’s brand and conservation initiatives;
- Ensure effective management of WWF Zimbabwe Country Office’s targeted digital platforms including the website and ensure relevant and up to date content;
- Build and strengthen strategic partnerships and relationships with media organizations to communicate and advance the WWF Zimbabwe Country Office position on conservation and important policy issues; and
- Design and implement crises and media handling strategies and build strong media relations.
What you need:
University degree in Business Management, Communications, Public Relations, Media Relations, or other related field; Proven track record, and at least 5 years of experience (preferably in Zimbabwe) in communications or PR; An understanding of and vocational interest in environmental conservation, international development, not-for-profit sector and other related fields would be preferred; and excellent ICT and multi-media skills.
Required Skills and Competencies
Excellent writing and oral skills and strong interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment; High ethical standards of behavior, good judgment, respect for others, confidentiality and attention to detail; Excellent organisational, analytical and research skills; Energetic, proactive and capable of working independently as well as being an active member of the team; Excellent oral and written communications skills in English (knowledge of other local languages an added asset); adhere to WWF’s values which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging; and exemplify WWF’s key behaviors: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, and Innovate Fearlessly.
Location On Map