Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on 0714991316
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Communications and Media Intern (Voluntary)
Hope for Adolescents and Youth
Under the broad guidance and supervision of the HOPE Managing Director and Programme team, the Communications and Media Intern will report directly to the Programme Officer and assumes primary responsibility for planning, developing and implementing communication strategies to promote HOPE’s programmes. The incumbent will also be responsible for developing partnerships with other relevant organizations, disseminate information and create awareness about topical issues regarding adolescents and young people. He/she supports the members of the programme team to effectively contribute to the achievement of the organization’s objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities Specific Duties include the following:
1. Program Communications for advocacy and awareness: The Communications and Media Intern will work closely with the Programme team to ensure that relevant program materials such as Most Significant Change Stories, donor reports, proposals, factsheets, info-graphs, newsletters etc. are developed and disseminated to donors and target groups through relevant media and network channels. The Communications and Media Intern will assist the Programme Team in the proposal development stage to identify appropriate communication activities for the projects.
2. Media Relations: Develop and maintain contact information, materials and relationships with journalists and media outlets (print, TV, radio, web etc.) Specific activities may include: Draft and edit newsletters, press releases, most significant change stories and other advocacy/information materials; Collaborate with the media by organizing project site visits, facilitate photo coverage and TV footage and utilizing both
web-based and traditional media as appropriate; Monitor and evaluate the use and effectiveness of media materials; Maintain a library of media coverage, clippings etc.
3. Digital Communications/Social media: Maintain HOPE’s website and social media sites (Facebook, Twitter and YouTube) such as daily monitoring, posting and content
4. HOPE Brand and Communications: Ensure timely and quality production of advocacy and branding materials such as periodicals, annual and donor reports, newsletters, calendars, briefing notes, Most Significant Change Stories, picture stories, videos, etc.The Communications and Media Intern will develop and archive communication materials, including digital, such as publications, press releases and clippings, photographs, audio-visual materials, web resources etc.
5. Donor Relation: Develop and maintain an updated list of HOPE’s donors and special interest groups. Assist in developing donor visit schedules/brochures, donor gifts and cards etc. Support preparation of background materials, briefs and information kits for visiting donors and high profile guests/visitors. The task includes travel planning, logistics and administrative arrangements.
6. Events/campaigns: Assist in organizing and generating public support for special events and campaigns to improve the lives of young people. Support organization of workshops, seminars, campaigns, events and project review meetings including agendas and meeting minutes.
7. Monitoring and evaluation: Monitor and evaluate impact of communication materials and advocacy events/campaigns to target audiences.
Minimum Qualification and Other Requirements
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, communications, journalism, public relations or a related field.
- Experience: At least 2 years of similar work experience is required.
- Candidate should be able to work independently – with minimum supervision and guidance from supervisors.
- Demonstrated and extensive social media experience is an added advantage. Skills: Excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Knowledge of other languages/dialects is an asset.
- He/she should have advanced working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel and Publisher).
- Candidates with basic design and layout skills are an added advantage.
- Demonstrated and extensive social media experience is an added advantage Values and Ethics:
- The candidate should have high level of integrity, accountability, and punctuality and be willing to work beyond normal working hours. Hard working and self- motivated; Commitment to duty; Positive inter-personal relationship; Networking; Team