A newly formed local NGO is looking for vibrant and dynamic volunteers / interns to join its pioneer team. The unpaid Volunteer/ internship opportunity offers outstanding recent graduates or students the opportunity to acquire direct exposure to its work with the objective of deepening their knowledge and skills as well and understanding of our goals, principles and activities. It is designed to complement development-oriented students and recent graduates with practical experience in various professional aspects. You will be a part of a pioneer team where you will get specific tasks and responsibilities and gain firsthand experience and understanding of the decision making processes in our organisation. It is expected that you will show initiative and apply your talent to implement innovative solutions in a practical manner.
Under the broad guidance and supervision of the Information Management and Communications Associate, the Intern will assume primary responsibility for planning, developing and implementing communication strategies to promote our programmes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provide support in working with the Programme teams in writing and disseminating external- oriented content for our website, social media, documentaries, newsletters, and other outreach mediums;
- Provide assistance to the Information Management and Communications Associate in the development, management and updating of the organisation’s website, Audio/Video recording and editing for webcasts;
- Providing technical assistance/support to our social media activities and campaigns (including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, among others);
- Preparation and dissemination of press releases and other information packs to media houses, including electronic and social media;
- Supporting the production of brochures, posters/banners and other project communication leaflets;
- Assist in the creation, organization and updating of online video and photo;
- Develop and manage communication content for the reception area office TV.
- Candidate must be able to work independently with minimum supervision and guidance from supervisors;
- Has recently completed or studying towards a degree/diploma programme such as Communications, Journalism, marketing, information systems or ICT;
- Sound knowledge of video integration (including flash player plug-in integration with social media Audio/Video recording and editing experience and skills in relevant software (E.g. Corel draw, Photo shop);
- Capability and proven experience in developing and executing social media strategies and campaigns;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changing circumstances and requirements;
- Professional ability to handle sensitive information and ability to respect the confidentiality of such information;
- Fluency in English is a must and ability to speak in Shona and or Ndebele is an asset.