In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
The Municipality of Chitungwiza
2, Tilcor Rd, Chitungwiza
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the above mentioned vacant position in the Health and Environmental Services Department. The Clinical Vlanager will be reporting to the Director of Health Services.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery Degrees (MB.ChB.degrees)
- Must be registered with and in good standing with the medical and dental practitioners’ council Of Zimbabwe (MDPCZ)
- Valid and endorsed open practising certificate (OPC)
- Minimum of five (5) years clinical experience.
- CORE COMPETENCES
- Mature and responsible.
- Sober habits and a team player.
- An appreciation Of public health and the ability to be able to actively participate and contribute significantly in fulfilling the city health department’s mandate of implementing national public health programmes.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertaking day to day clinical duties in the primary health care setting in the City Council clinics.
- Duties such as in general medical consultations, medical examinations, diagnosis, treatment, minor surgical procedures, as well as administering medical drugs and Immunization.
- Attending to medical emergency cases at Council clinics, including being on call to attend emergency medical cases outside Of normal working hours.
- Doing house visits or Doctor’s house calls.
- Liaising with Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians and other colleagues to ensure the rational prescribing of medical drugs.
- Liaising with medical staff and other professional colleagues to optimize medical care.
- Referring patients to outside specialist as and when necessary, and doing follow ups of all patients.
- Supervising and mentoring nursing and other junior staffin the City Health Department.
- Deputising and representing the Director Of Health services when necessary.
- Any other clinical or administrative duties as may be assigned by the Director Of Health Services.
Location On Map