Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Responsible for the monitoring of all site construction activities in order to ensure that the Contractor’s output matches the technical specifications and quality requirements; and also conducting inspections of all construction materials and measurements of completed works to confirm the quantities which should facilitate analyses of the Interim Payment Applications (IPAs) from the Contractor.
Under the Supervision of the Project Manager – Kariba Dam Rehabilitation Project, the Civil Technician – KDRP will carry out the following
1 Participating in reviews and updating of civil designs and drawings
2 Monitoring the quality of civil engineering works under supervision of the Designs Engineer
3 Participating in quality control checks, comparing with specifications and advising on any deviations and possible courses of action.
4 Inspecting civil Engineering materials, equipment and other receivables on delivery and during storage.
5 Reviewing and advising on civil engineering procedures
6 Reviewing and monitoring blasting operations
7 Participating in monitoring civil engineering progress, identifying potential and real problem areas, formulating solutions and advising the Designs Engineer accordingly.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Five (5) ‘0’ level passes
• Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent
• Certificate in Project Management will be an added advantage
• Experience in Contracts based on the FIDIC Red Book conditions will be an added advantage
• Membership of a Professional Body
• Three (3) years of relevant experience
OTHER KEY COMPETENCES
• Excellent planning skills
• Organisational and time management skills
• Good Communication skills
• Information Communication Technology skills
• Sound problem-solving and logical thinking skills
• Attention to detail
• The ability to work both independently and as part of a team