In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Chief Transactions Advisor
The Southern African Power Pool (SAPP) was created in April 1995 through the SADC treaty to optimise the use of available electrical energy resources amongst the countries in the region and support one another during emergencies. The key objectives being to provide a forum for the development of a world class, robust, safe, efficient, reliable and stable interconnected electrical system in the southern African region as well as to increase power accessibility in rural communities. The SAPP has a clear vision to ensure that the SADC region is the region of choice for investments by energy intensive users, as well as to ensure sustainable energy development through sound economic, environmental and social practices.
SAPP intends to use grant financing from the World Bank under the AREP Program to hire a senior/highly experienced project finance expert to fill the role of Chief Transactions Advisor. This is a senior role in the region – both leading the technical stream of work of SAPP-PAU and acting as an advisor to SAPP management, senior management of utilities, and senior policy makers of SAPP participating countries.The Chief Transactions Advisor will lead the technical/advisory work stream alent, strategic expertise and leadership capability to make a lasting difference in the world.
- Master’s degree or equivalent in business administration, law, finance, engineering or economics;
- A minimum of 15 years of relevant energy sector/transaction experience in the development, preparation, financing and implementation of complex infrastructure projects in the private sector or in the public sector/with international organization working with the private sector. Also, must show a track record of projects/investments in which he/she has been involved with high-level responsibility (related to project finance, negotiation, coordination, management, etc.); Experience of working in Africa is an advantage.
- Ability to engage at a senior level with a variety of counterparts, including government representatives, senior management of public agencies, private sector, civil society, donors and other development partners;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage responsibilities within tight deadlines;
- Experience in the field of project finance, infrastructure finance, credit enhancement design; and transaction design experience for complex PPPs;
- Experience with PPPs and commercial deals in developing country context;
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company