Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Chief of Communication
How can you make a difference?
- Accountable for developing, managing, coordinating, networking, implementing and monitoring an advocacy and communication strategy and associated products and activities on a regular and ongoing basis with public audiences, with the objective of promoting awareness, understanding, support and respect for children’s and women’s rights, and support for UNICEF’s mission, priorities and programmes in the country office and at a global level and those of the UN Country Team.
- Advice on the articulation of policies and strategies, with an emphasis on those that promote gender equality and equity.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Communication strategy: The Country Office has a clear communication strategy and associated work plan to get children’s issues into the public domain, strengthen political will in support of UNICEF’s mission and objectives, and enhance the organization’s credibility and brand.
- Media relations: The Country Office has a well-managed country communication team that maintains and continually develops a contact list of journalists and media outlets covering all media – print, TV, radio, web etc. – and a successful process of communicating and maintaining regular contact and close collaboration with the media to communicate the story of UNICEF’s cooperation to a wider audience. New ways are identified to increase positive exposure and leverage that prominence for new opportunities for UNICEF.
- Networking and partnerships: The Country Office has a well-managed country communication team that maintains and continually develops a contact list of individuals, groups, organizations and fora, whose support is essential to/can assist in achieving the advocacy and communication objectives of the communication strategy. Network is developed, strengthened and maintained with the UN Country Team, UN communication counterparts and high-level counterparts in key partner organizations.
- Policy Direction for Programme Communications i.e. Communication/Technology for Development, Child & Youth Participation and Development and Private/Public Partnerships teams within the Communications Unit: Set policy directions for programme communication i.e. C/T4D, Child & Youth Participation and Public/Private Partnerships teams and ensure the integrated communication programme is in line with Country Office and MTSP priorities, CCCs and UN reform. Provide vision, expert advice and assistance to programme communication teams.
- Celebrities and special events: The Country Office has a well-managed national celebrity relations programme with a well maintained and continually developed contact list of appropriate, nationally-known personalities who have been identified, engaged and support UNICEF’s efforts and who actively participate in special events and activities that support country programme goals. Among these high-profile individuals a handful are identified whose recognition level extends beyond national borders and co-ordinate closely with DOC and the regional office in extending their impact and use beyond national borders.
- Global priorities and campaigns: The Country Office has an effective process in place for integrating and taking action on UNICEF’s global communications priorities, campaigns and partnerships, disseminating these elements in a locally-appropriate way, as well as providing/enabling coverage of the work in the country for global use.
- Resource mobilization support: Global and country level fund-raising activities are supported by effective advocacy and communication strategy and activities.
- Management: The human resources (the communication team) and financial resources (budget planning, management and monitoring) for the communication section of the Country Office and are both effectively managed and optimally used.
- Monitoring and evaluation: Communication baselines are established against which the objectives of the communication strategy are regularly evaluated; analysis is undertaken to continuously improve the effectiveness of communication strategy, approach and activities; results and reports are prepared and shared on a timely basis.
- Capacity building and support: The Representative and the country programme team are provided with expert advice on all aspects of external relations communication as required Opportunities for development among the country communication team and other colleagues are identified and addressed; opportunities to build communication capacity among media and other relevant partners are identified and addressed.
- Advisory support and communication for strategic results: Develops communication approaches and guidelines, including those most effective for gender mainstreaming across all programmes.
Please refer to the attached job description for more information Job Description_Chief of Communication.pdf
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have:
- Advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations or other related fields of disciplines.
- Ten years of progressively responsible and relevant professional work experience.
- International and national work experience in both developed and developing countries.
- Professional experience in communication, print, broadcast, new media.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
To access the latest job opportunities on WhatsApp, send the word JOBS to +263 73 538 8888 to enjoy this and other job posts.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
UNICEF - is looking for Education Officer (Education Development Fund)Harare, Zimbabwe 30 Nov, 2018
UNICEF - is looking for Programme AssistantHarare, Zimbabwe 30 Nov, 2018
Unicef - is looking for Monitoring & Evaluation SpecialistZimbabwe 20 Dec, 2018
Unicef - is looking for Child Protection SpecialistZimbabwe 20 Dec, 2018
UNICEF - is looking for Administration InternHarare,Zimbabwe 22 Apr, 2019