In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Chief Executive Officer
Verify Engineering (Pvt) Ltd is a wholly owned Government company under the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education, Science and Technology Development with a mandate to carry out the following;
• Facilitate industrialization through beneficiation and value addition of our heritage into goods and services.
• To provide research and development capacity for proving the efficacy of selected technologies.
• Creating partnerships for technology transfer and funding.
• To operationalize new technologies for commercialization
The roles and responsibilities of the Chief Executive Officer
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO who will be an Executive Member of the Board will be responsible for:
• Ensuring the day-to-day effective operational performance of the Company’s business affairs.
• Ensuring that management carries out its responsibility effectively and as a team.
• Ensuring the development and implementation of Board policies, strategies and Budgets in support of the company strategic objectives
• Liaising and consulting with the Chairman on Board policies, material matters and resolutions,
• Acting as the spokesperson for the Company Formulating and overseeing the implementation of Company policies including risk management and compliance with relevant legislation and Corporate Governance tenants;
• Ensuring production of management accounts and reports on a monthly basis and submit the same to the Board on a quarterly basis:
• Promoting employment equity and an organisational culture which ensures retention and development of staff.
• Fostering a corporate culture, which promotes ethical practices and individual integrity, and fulfils a social responsibility objective,
• Exercising due diligence in all the dealings and discharge of his/her duties.
• Ensure that the Company Secretary is provided with the information required for Board Packs timeously in order, to ensure that Board Packs are received by Board Members at least seven days prior to any meeting,
• Any other duties that is consistent with the fulfillment of the Chief Executive Officers roles and responsibilities
• A patriotic Zimbabwean citizen who is committed to national development
• Visionary, strong leadership and organizational skills
• Ability to communicate well at all levels, orally and in writing
• Good interpersonal skills and team player
• Ability to work to tight deadlines using own initiative
• Integrity, sober habits, positive attitude and energetic
Qualifications and Experience
• A holder of a relevant first degree in engineering discipline from a recognized university is a must.
• A post graduate degree In engineering or an MBA/MB, or professional qualification such As Chartered Accountant (CA) would be an added advantage.
• Membership to a recognized professional body is a must.
• The candidate must demonstrate hands on experience and ability to proffer solution to challenges in research and technical settings.
• The successful candidate must possess excellent people management skills.
• Have a proven track record of taking full responsibility for a multi-faceted Job in a dynamic environment.
• Be good in negotiating and structuring business deals.
• A minimum of ten years’ experience at senior management level in large diverse organization.
• Be a highly credible person with a proven success record in the business sector.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Verify Engineering - is looking for Projects Designer3 Dec, 2018
Verify Engineering - is looking for Electrical and Instruments EngineerHarare, Zimbabwe 3 Dec, 2018
Verify Engineering - is looking for Procurement ClerkHarare, Zimbabwe 3 Dec, 2018