In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Cervical Cancer Nurses x35
University of Zimbabwe College of Health Sciences
The main responsibilities of the Cervical Cancer screening- nurse will be to provide cryotherapy, refer clients for appropriate treatment services and following them up, ensuring complete documentation of data collection tools and rendering cervical cancer screening services for women living with HIV (WLHIV) as guided by PEPFAR reporting requirements and Ministry of Health and Child Care strategic plan. Successful candidates will work in liaison with other staff at the facility to provide comprehensive HIV testing services including index partner testing, linking clients to care, ART initiation, and retaining clients in care and ART, defaulter tracking and accurate documentation in line with tracked indicators. The incumbents will be seconded and attached to selected health facilities and will report to the facility Sister-in charge on day to day activities and I-TECH Zimbabwe District Site Improvement and Community Linkages Officers (DSICLOs) on program issues.
Conducting cervical cancer screening for WLHIV using VIAC and offering comprehensive HIV services and psychosocial support at both static and outreach sites and ensuring quality assurance using national reporting tools as per national guidelines; Providing treatment for precancerous cervical cancer lesions and conducting outreach, community mobilization and demand creation services; Providing information, educational and counselling services to clients in a timely, professional and client-focused manner; Ensuring appropriate infection control protocols are available and adhered to and that clinical equipment is functional; Making appropriate referrals for ongoing support and actively tracking referrals for further care; Reporting clinical data daily and supporting the maintenance of quality clinic data and adequate commodities consumption records, calculating consumption and making requisitions on time to avoid stock outs; Supporting maintenance of adequate drug stocks and medical commodities; Collecting client data and ensuring confidentiality is maintained and that all the required national reporting tools are correctly filled and submitted on time; Conducting analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and recommending appropriate technical strategy and guidelines; Preparing reports and papers summarizing project results and providing leadership and team building at task level; Performing any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Must be a Registered General Nurse (RGN and have knowledge of Cervical cancer screening and Cervicography;
- Training, knowledge and experience in counselling and in HIV RDT is required and possession of postgraduate qualifications in midwifery or community nursing are an added advantage;
- Knowledge and experience of working within MoHCC and in HIV treatment and care is an added advantage;
- Must be computer literate, self-motivated and self-driven with ability to generate electronic reports daily and work under minimal supervision;
- Excellent data analysis, inter-personal communication skills and ability to navigate through different cultures and religions during the execution of duties;
- Ability to build productive working relationships with internal and external staff.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company