Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
Business Development Services Officer
GOAL is an international non-denominational, non-governmental and non-political humanitarian organisation dedicated to work towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food, water and sanitation, healthcare and education. We began humanitarian and developmental work in Zimbabwe from 2002 having gradually evolved from emergency response to long-term development. Currently our focus is on Livelihoods, Nutrition and WASH thematic areas.
General Description of the Role
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Business Development Services Officer will be largely responsible for building financial and business skills and creating linkages with market players for the Irish Aid Project. The ideal candidate should be a dynamic, creative and flexible person with a strong financial/business background particularly in mentor-ship for private sector players to build business skills and access investment.
- Summary of Key Duties
Mapping financial service providers present in the district and collation of details about their products and services;
- Link financial service providers to Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) for services;
- Link VSALs to formal financial service providers for savings, loans and insurance;
- Provision of business development services to commercially orientated goat producers (e.g. business case for goat production, small business plans and financial management);
- Monitoring of engagement between financial service providers and producers and acquisition of business skill by producers;
- Identify opportunities to work with the private sector’s MSMEs;
- Provide a mentoring and tailored approach to business development with MSMEs, working in the goat value chain;
- Collaborate with local authorities in Chipinge to improve the regulation of the private sector and the enforcement of existing regulations and by-laws
Person Specifications (Attributes and Qualifications)
- Academic qualification in finance and / or Agri-business;
- At least 3 years relevant work experience with the private sector including financial service providers;
- Previous experience in mentoring MSMEs;
- Excellent interpersonal and networking skills;
- Excellent reporting skills to both internal and external teams;
- Computer skills with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Email and PowerPoint);
- Ability to deliver results with minimum supervision; Demonstrable an understanding of cross cutting issues i.e. HIV/AIDS, gender equity, environmental management, child protection.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Goal Zimbabwe - is looking for Data Capture Clerks (2)Harare, Zimbabwe 5 Dec, 2018
GOAL Zimbabwe - is looking for Ten (10) x Relief DriversZimbabwe 9 Jan, 2019
GOAL Zimbabwe - is looking for Logistics and Finance AssistantZimbabwe 9 Jan, 2019
GOAL Zimbabwe - is looking for Field OfficerZimbabwe 9 Jan, 2019
GOAL Zimbabwe - is looking for Livelihoods Field OfficerZimbabwe 9 Jan, 2019