Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:email@example.com or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
BEEF LIAISON OFFICER (1)
World Vision seeks a qualified Beef Liaison Officer for an anticipated livestock value chain project in Zimbabwe. World Vision and its partners (consortium) will support the development of a strong, competitive Beef Value Chain (BVC) that promotes enhanced trade, employment creation, food security and inclusive green economic growth; as well as improving the enabling environment for a sustainable and inclusive BVC inthe Project areas (Makoni, Mt Dawrin, Buhera).
Purpose of the role
The main role of the Beef Liaison Officer is to coordinate the functions of local cattle associations linked to the Zimbabwe Beef Producers Association (ZBPA) and with Livestock and Meat Advisory Council (LMAC) advocacy activities.
- Support LMAC to establish an effective beef strategy and Beef Producers Associations.
- Support LMAC, ZBPA and farmer associations to better lobby government and the sector on emerging value chain policy issues. This involve the use of magazine, radio, TV other ICT4D for reach targeted audiences.
- Collate the information from the Online Livestock Information Management System (LIMS) and regularly produce knowledge briefs and market intelligence reports that are shared with BVC actors.
- Support LMAC to implement possible solutions to reduce the compliance costs along the BVC. This involves communication and coordination with Government of Zimbabwe, collaboration withpolicy advocacy groups to support and to provide guidance to LMAC and associations.
- Support LMAC and associations to achieve the beef sub-sector vision including establishment of the LMAC proposed Beef Revitalisation Fund, by providing guidance, mentorship and support for their strategy legislation and regulatory framework.
- Capacitate the ZBPA through discussions, trainings, mentorship, coordination, communication and information sharing to promote BVC in the country.
- Assist the ZBPA to hold annual general meetings in order to increase visibility and generate common positions on policy issues by farmers.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- A degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Communications, Social Science or another related field. A Masters’ degree will be added advantage.
- At least 3 years of successful work in livestock policy development and advocacy in developing countries preferably in Zimbabwe.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing effective advocacy materials for livestock value chain actors.
- Demonstrated expertise in capacity building of livestock actors on policy development and advocacy issues.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of partners that include private sector actors, government, farmers’ unions/associations and research institutions.
- Professional fluency in English in speaking, reading, and writing.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and strong track record in meeting deliverables and deadlines
- Excellent verbal presentation and writing skills.
- Strong digital/ IT competencies required.
- Clean class 4 driver’s licence.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as applications are received. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Location On Map
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
World Vision - is looking for Project Coordinator– Whole School DevelopmentBulawayo,Zimbabwe 4 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for Non Formal Education Officer(3)Bulawayo 9 Nov, 2018
World Vision - is looking for Project Coordinator– Whole School DevelopmentBulawayo,Zimbabwe 15 Nov, 2018