Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263 785 635 566
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here for jobs in Zimbabwe, at this moment, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job offers. iHarare Jobs take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
ASSISTANT LIBRARIAN – INFORMATION SERVICES (1 POST)
- Applicants must have at least a Bachelor of Science Honours degree in Library and
Information Science or equivalent plus three years post qualification experience OR
- Masters degree with two (2) years post – qualification experience.
- A post graduate Diploma in Library and Information Science or equivalent would be an added advantage.
- Applicants should be mature, reliable and responsible and should be able to work with minimum supervision. In addition,
- applicants should be prepared to work overtime and should have good communication and presentation skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Administering library routines that ensure effective delivery and quality of service to clients;
• Providing overall administration of the Branch Library in liaison with the Deputy Librarian;
• Overseeing the implementation of library service policies and procedures;
• Participating in library administration activities and assigned tasks;
• Supervising Branch Library staff and assigning work schedules;
• Making recommendations for library budget considerations and monitoring Branch Library resource expenditure in accordance with the budget;
• Recommending collection development of School orientated educational resources in all formats and overall resource planning in liaison with teaching staff;
• Ensuring optimal access to library collections by Branch Library clients;
• Providing targeted research services to the School’s staff and students;
• Offering library instructional services to the School’s staff and students;
• Monitoring quality control of the School’s catalogued information resources;
• Maintaining a Reserve collection of the School’s needs;
• Compiling monthly and annual operational library services and statistics reports;
• Attending School Board meetings on behalf of the University Librarian; and • Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
NB: Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Police clearance is mandatory for successful candidates.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company
Great Zimbabwe University - is looking for Director, Procurement Grade 5Masvingo, Zimbabwe 27 Jan, 2019
Great Zimbabwe University - is looking for Procurement OfficerMasvingo, Zimbabwe 27 Jan, 2019
Great Zimbabwe University - is looking for DIRECTOR SECURITY SERVICES (GRADE 5)Zimbabwe 11 Aug, 2019
Great ZImbabwe University - is looking for DIRECTOR SECURITY SERVICESZimbabwe 11 Aug, 2019
Great ZImbabwe University - is looking for DIRECTOR, WORKS AND ESTATESZimbabwe 12 Aug, 2019