Do not short-change yourself,get your Curriculum Vitae done by the Professionals,email:firstname.lastname@example.org or Whatsapp on +263714875459
In as much as we take effort and due diligence to confirm the authenticity of the vacancies we post here, our methods are not fool proof. We urge you not to pay any money for any job promises. We take no responsibility for any loss of financial value. Please be cautious!
ASSISTANT LABORATORY ASSOCIATE
ICRISAT is a nonprofit, international agricultural research institute undertaking research targeting the improvement of food crop varieties (sorghum, pearl millet, groundnut, chickpea, and pigeon pea) and resource management technologies for poorer farmers based in semi¬arid agro-ecologies. The Assistant Laboratory Associate should have strong organizational and analytical skills to diagnose soil fertility constraints and assess water and plant quality from farmers’ fields in the semi-arid tropics.
Major Activities and Responsibilities:
To man the ICRISAT state of the art analytical Laboratory that analyses soil, plant and water samples. The laboratory is equipped with automated instruments such as the ICP-OES, AAS. and SKALAR auto-analysers that provide analytical services to ICRISAT and its partners. The Assistant Laboratory Associate’s role is to diagnose soil fertility constraints and assess water and plant quality from farmers’ fields in the semi-arid tropics.
- Bachelors Honours Degree in Applied Chemistry
- MSc in Applied Chemistry an added advantage.
- HND Applied Chemistry
- Other Skills Required:
- Incumbent with skills in instrumentation has an added advantage eg should have knowledge to use and calibrate spectrophotometers, pH meters, analytical and top load balances, scales, mixograph, viscometer and texture analyzer.
- Incumbent with a driver’s license has an added advantage
- Experience with Government and NGO activities is an advantage
- Good writing and communication skills
- Capable of working with limited supervision and self-motivated
- The position will be based in Bulawayo.
The applicant should include up-to-date curriculum vitae, the names and addresses (including e-mail) of two referees. Appointment will be on local terms and on yearly renewable contracts. Salaries are attractive and nationally competitive. The position is available immediately. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Other Jobs Listed by the Company